Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Absolute bargain
I managed to purchase an ex reference copy of William.H. Stevens 'The New Testament World in Pictures' from my local library for the princely sum of 10 pence Big Grin

It is jam packed from cover to cover with wonderful photographs of artifacts from the time of Christ ranging from sculptures, to archaeological sites to civilian and military objects. It's a lovely book and nicely presented.

Best 10 pence I ever spent!
Memmia AKA Joanne Wenlock.
Friends of Letocetum
I'll give you twenty pence for it, sight unseen! :lol:

Would you kindly furnish the ISBN, as I've been looking for a book just like that.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Quote:I'll give you twenty pence for it, sight unseen! :lol:

Would you kindly furnish the ISBN, as I've been looking for a book just like that.

Hi,

Full details here

www.lutterworth.com/lp/titles/ntworld.htm
Memmia AKA Joanne Wenlock.
Friends of Letocetum
Good buy!
The only thing I ever find at my library sales are old Ann Rice books Sad
JonR
There are no real truths, just stories. (Zuni)
Thanks, friends. :wink:
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
I found a used one, ex-library version (that's ok, their bindings are generally stronger) for about 5.5 USD, including freight. Of course I could have bought a new one for 85USD, but things being like they are, I went for the first one. Just enough Scot blood in me to know the difference between a good selling price and a good buying price. :roll: :lol:
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Obviously, my blood line is diluted! :lol:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel