Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Archaeology underneath Rome
A lady from Rome was telling me they are working underneath the city at the level of Republican Rome. Apparently they do guided tours etc and she had heard it was incredible. It seems it all started when they had to shore up some church foundations and discovered what was below.

Does anyone have any information about this. My contact's English was poor, but there must be something on the net? I cannot believe I visited Rome last year and missed this!Quintus Sertorius
(aka Guido Aston)
Quintus
AKA Guido Aston

[size=100:2nyk19du]The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it. [/size]
Thucydides (471 BC - 400 BC)
There are ALWAYS digs going on, and things being found underneath Rome. While I was last there, an area to the south of the Coloseum, was off limits because they were digging at the time.
Marcus Julius Germanus
m.k.a. Brian Biesemeyer
S.P.Q.A.
Check the Times online - a cave was found recently (circa 3-4months) which they think may have been the cave of Romulus & Remus. Not sure if it is allowed to enter it yet though as still being excavated.
Ben
Ben Kane, bestselling author of the Eagles of Rome, Spartacus and Hannibal novels.

Eagles in the Storm released in UK on March 23, 2017.
Aguilas en la tormenta saldra en 2017.

www.benkane.net
Twitter: @benkaneauthor
Facebook: facebook.com/benkanebooks

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Italy names archaeology czar for Rome Theodosius the Great 0 739 03-19-2009, 01:15 AM
Last Post: Theodosius the Great