Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deepeeka Ridge helm re-fit..
If i have understand correctly is in this way:

[Image: neckguard.jpg]

The leather thong pass trought a hole open in the vertical wall of the neckguard an then is secured by the buckle.
Done now Paul! :wink: Two slots as on teh Berkasovo and Deurne.
That's it, Cesar, but the tying straps should be attached to the inner, not to the outer side of the bowl! 8)

Aitor
It\'s all an accident, an accident of hands. Mine, others, all without mind, from one extreme to another, but neither works nor will ever.

Rolf Steiner
And slots too in the bowl?
Oh, no, what for? Confusedhock:
Each one of both short straps are attached to the bowl's rim by means of a single rivet.
[Image: Fig13copia.jpg]

Aitor
It\'s all an accident, an accident of hands. Mine, others, all without mind, from one extreme to another, but neither works nor will ever.

Rolf Steiner
I thought it might be useful to post pictures of the actual finds at Burgh Castle- plus the assortment of oddments. Tapping into the collective brain of RAT, what could these oddments be? If you want to read more the (excellent) article is by Stephen Johnson, available on JSTOR.

[Image: Burghhelmet1.gif]

The writer wonders whether the damage to the helmet might be from an Intercisa-style eye weakening the structure- personally, I don't buy that.
These bits were also found alongside. What are they? Of course, some may be nothing to do with the helmet....
[Image: Burghhelmet2.gif]
[Image: wip2_r1_c1-1-1.jpg] [Image: Comitatuslogo3.jpg]

aka Paul B, moderator
http://www.romanarmy.net/auxilia.htm
Moderation in all things
Got it yesterday and am wearing it as I type. An absolute beaut- thanks Peroni!
Cheers

Caballo
[Image: wip2_r1_c1-1-1.jpg] [Image: Comitatuslogo3.jpg]

aka Paul B, moderator
http://www.romanarmy.net/auxilia.htm
Moderation in all things

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Modifying deepeeka itallic h helm MarcusNorwood 1 1,078 05-28-2013, 01:40 AM
Last Post: M. Demetrius