Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need you
Hello,
(if this is not the right place, I will willingly see this message moved)
We are in a reenactors group and need people for at last 2 (week-end long) occasions : 1 training + 1 exhibition
We specialize in roman military manovers, but there is room for greek & sports (greek = olympism & roman = gladiator)
If you are interested, please mp me
Curmi da! (Gallic for "Give me some beer!")

Deprosagios/Grégory Luguet
Hello !

Well, could you tell us more about your group and the two WE for which you need reenactors ?

And also which century do you need ?

Salut
Greg Reynaud (the ferret)
[Image: 955d308995.jpg] Britto-roman milites, 500 AD
Our group aims at recreating an auxiliaries cohort's [specially military] life.
We are programmed in an antic we, but finally lack of troups, so I am asking for volunteers to enrole (best case) or give us a hand for this particuliar we (second case).
We should train for roman military manovers the 1st we (mandatory to participate in the 2nd) and demonstrate in the second.
They take place in Beaucaire and Antic Theatre of Orange
The time area runs from II° BC to II° AD
Salvete!

Sorry, I guess Letavia is a bit too far and late to help you, auxiliary cohorts are something in which "via romana" are good to, perhaps some of them could help you. http://www.viaromana.com/

Did you try the french fora ?
Are you conscious that 4 centuries is a too big timeline to be really serious ? If you're a begginer, you should try there :
http://147732.aceboard.fr/i-147732.htm
I guess you would find there some more directly interested people.

I hope you'll be successful, as I am from 30 km north from Orange (Pierrelatte), I can tell you that you feell shivering like a leaf when you're on the scene of the antic theater. How lucky you are ! So, you must be perfect there ! Not everyone has such a luck of reenacting in a true roman site stil functionnal. Smile

Bye
Greg Reynaud (the ferret)
[Image: 955d308995.jpg] Britto-roman milites, 500 AD
I am not that arrogant :wink: to aim at the 5 complete centuries of an average cohort, we just named our group "cohort" not to be "legio", which would be ridiculous, seeing our present number :lol:
I tried the french forums, but I got an answer only here so far.
If someone fills interested, please MP me!