Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re-enactors wanted for Gladiatrix Gig
Hi guys - Caballo is already helping me with this one, but I thought a public request wouldn't go amiss. I've posted up about the launch of "Gladiatrix" on 22nd March in Putney in a different thread, but I thought I would make this request here (as it's most suitable).

It would be really great if we could have a table at the launch event with some weapons on it and - and this is the big win - two gladitrices in kit (a tunic with swords and optional shield).

I'm working on getting our own Medusa to the event, but that is up to the publishers at the moment. What I can say is that for UK based people, we can pay travel expenses and of course a few beers in the session in the boozer afterwards.

I'm not suggesting that the gladitrices have to be reenactors, we just need two ladies in kit. But what is important is that if anyone can do this, it goes without saying that the weapons would have to be looked after at all times. I'm sure this would be the case as you don't want your swords going amiss anymore than Putney Waterstones want nutters cleaving their way through the shopping centre!

Anyroad - the launch event on 22nd March, Putney at 1400. If anyone can help - please let me know!

Cheers

Russ
Aww, I'd definitely help out if I lived in the UK. Sad
But best of luck in finding people.
Sara T.
RAT Rules for Posting

Courage is found in unlikely places. [size=75:2xx5no0x] ~J.R.R Tolkien[/size]
Thanks, Sen!
Hi Russ,
All the best. Will purchase a copy out of fellow feeling.
Lochinvar/Ewan Carmichael
Cheers, Loch!
Ruminating on this in the bath with a whisky*, I wonder how long it'll take for the equality and diversity police to get on to your request....jobs for the boys? :roll:

* Please note the gratuitous use of the words 'bath' and 'whisky', which add nothing to the sense of the message, but which are intended to convey a sense of my hedonistic lifestyle to any idle passers-by. Big Grin
Well, to be fair, Loch - for a book called "Gladiatrix", the Diversity and Inclusion team can't really say that it's out of order to request female gladiators.

I can now imagine the scene at the Flavian with all the male gladiators burning their subligaculum in protest and demanding equal rights!
Quote:Well, to be fair, Loch - for a book called "Gladiatrix", the Diversity and Inclusion team can't really say that it's out of order to request female gladiators.

Once (in another life) whilst placing an ad for a 'Robin Hood' in the local job center the ad phrasing was questioned.

Apparently it wasn't considered appropriate to specifically request a male actor for the part.

We wondered what would happen if we had to replace Maid Marion.

N.
I'm not too fussed about the PC angle of the request, Nathan. If anyone's male sensibilities are offended, I can only say that I'm sorry.

Only not much... :lol:
LOL. Hey, Russ, I wouldn't be too confident, so you can wipe that smug grin off your face right away.
And as for the book's title, don't let that sort of trivial detail get in the way. Ha!
Now, where's that whisky?
Russ

My sincere apologies for not having been in touch before, it started with a wrong email address and has ended in my trying to get you back for your AWOL session Wink

I hope all is going well for you and congrats on the book!

I will have a chat with our resident gladiatorix's (?) and see if any can make it along and come back to you at the end of next week.

We've moved home now and can be found on www.deeds-of-arms.org.uk the groups changed quite a bit, but we are still silly enough to be doing all the normal gladiator stuff as well, I will continue until the hue 'n cry from the public to get me to put my clothes back on is too loud!

All the best

Graham
Great stuff!

Thanks man