Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
looking for Pictures
Quote:Any chance of a copy of the new reports??

I can send you a copy of the results of the whole new research about these helmets, which is in German and Dutch, if you want. I think it is about 15 euro's, if I'm correct. Ow, and check your email in a couple of minutes.
ALA I BATAVORUM
That's what I call good service! (and great weaving!)
Big Grin
Thanks Jurjen.
Thats it, and in color too!
Thanks.
Any chance of a copy Jurjen? :wink: Smile
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Jurjen,

is this the report or is there an other?

http://www.rlmb.lvr.de/museum/forschung/...schung.pdf

Cheers

Luc
LVCIVS VVLPES
Luc De Vos
strange, it dont work Confusedhock:

just copy the url and google, you get the report

Cheers

Luc
LVCIVS VVLPES
Luc De Vos
Quote:Jurjen,

is this the report or is there an other?

http://www.rlmb.lvr.de/museum/forschung/...schung.pdf

Cheers

Luc

Yes, the report is others. I wanted to post this link too, but couldn't find it. This are just the information plackards of the small exhibition about this new research. The report I'm talking about is a 100+ pages book 'Achter het silveren masker/Hinter der sibernen Maske' which was published for this exhibition too. With a lot more of information an details.
ALA I BATAVORUM
This is the first cavalry sports helmet that I made, this was of course many years ago. I made the face mask in iron, however I never got round to covering it with silver. With all the others I have made, I would have them silvered this being the easy way out. The task of covering a face mask with a sheet of silver, would indeed be difficult job. When we look at this helmet it has a flower on the forhead with a ring, then there is a channel going completely over the bowl. The channel has a pin or spigot at the rear, which may have anchored a thong that carried a straight long feather as in eastern fashion. The helmet we are told belonged to a general of the Sampsigerami family who ruled at Emesa in Syria. There is the other interesting feature of the tear drops on the lower eye lids, these of course have a function where one can look down without moving ones head.
Brian Stobbs