Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Armas de Grecia y Roma" by our Thersites
Hello

That week it will be edited a new book about ancient weaponry:

Fernando Quesada Sanz (ILustraciones Carlos Fernández del Castillo), Armas de Grecia y Roma. Forjaron la Historia de la Antigüedad Clásica. Editorial La Esfera de los Libros. Madrid, 2008
ISBN 978-84-9734-700-6

Knowing the particular style of writing of Quesada, sure it will be both didactic and scientific.

It's a RAT member: Thersites.

And, it's in SPANISH!
Ave Lvcie...frater!

Eso suena superbuenisimo. Please do let us know when it comes out. I would sure like to take a peak at it.

Smile
aka: Julio Peña
Quote:"audaces Fortuna iuvat"
- shouted by Turnus in Virgil\'s Aeneid in book X just before he is utterly destroyed by Aeneas\' Trojans.
No me había dado cuenta que Thersites también está en el foro de la asociación española de esgrima antigua (AEEA) :oops:

I didn´t realize that Thersites was too in a historical fencing forum :oops:

That book is worth a look. Just for being in Spanish, and with those drawings... Big Grin

BTW: he was the one who give us the link to the "Gladius" online articles Big Grin
-This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedevere. Explain again how
sheep´s bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes.
[Image: escudocopia.jpg]Iagoba Ferreira Benito, member of Cohors Prima Gallica
and current Medieval Martial Arts teacher of Comilitium Sacrae Ensis, fencing club.
Thank you César. There's a complimentary copy for you... Big Grin I'll give it to you at Tarraco.
Here's a link for the cover:
link from old RAT

Iagoba, I'm afraid I'm not only the chap/guy who provided the link for Gladius online. In fact, I'm the one who put it online... and the Director of both the Journal and Anejos. A bit tired, though... :?

Incidentally, it seems a bit odd to me that hundreds of people from RAT have visited our Gladius page, and downloaded articles... but no one commented on it or posted a reply in the two threads I placed in RAT to inform of the new policy of open Internet access. Sad
Thanks to you! I'll give you an "artifact" special made by me, you knows. Top secret, by now... :wink:
Sorry, is that the new book out on gladii? I am still waiting on a copy, as I was snubbed for first edition! Confusedhock: :lol: Or is this something else that I havew missed?
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
I don't understand. Please, read carefully the post and the book's title. :wink:
Quote: ....... Or is this something else that I have missed?

Oops, guess it was the latter then?
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fernando Quesada Sanz\'s "Armas de Grecia y Roma" Gorgon 19 5,284 04-10-2010, 06:32 PM
Last Post: Gorgon
  UK tonight on TV:- "Revealed: Boudicca\'s Treasures&quot Tarbicus 9 3,855 11-30-2005, 01:11 PM
Last Post: Tarbicus