Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gladiatrix Book Launch
Hi - As some of you guys know, I've written a book called "Gladiatrix" which is coming out on 18th March. You can read some blurb about it here

www.russellwhitfield.com

to see if it's your cup of tea or not. There are amazon links too, but there are no reviews on there at the moment, just the blurb and also a mysterious youtube video (that I had nothing to do with...)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XnlXBswEBGg&feature=related

If it is your cup of tea, I'd like to invite you to the launch event which will be held on 22nd March (Saturday) at Waterstones in Putney at 1400 hrs. There will be a talk and hopefully some weapons on display, with a few gladiatrices to demonstrate - I'm just waiting for the re-enactment society to let me know if they can make it. That said, if there are any re-enactors here that would like to volunteer, please let me know!

There will also be nibbles and wine - after the talk, we'll all be heading off to the pub (naturally).

Anyway, if you fancy coming along, you are more than welcome. There will be a signing sesh, so if you want a book signed, please, please let me know you came via this forum!

Cheers

Russ
Putney- just up the road from the Villa Caballo! Can I check the date though- isn't 20th March a Thursday??
Cheers and good luck- my wife writes and its a tough trade...
Caballo
[Image: wip2_r1_c1-1-1.jpg] [Image: Comitatuslogo3.jpg]

aka Paul B, moderator
http://www.romanarmy.net/auxilia.htm
Moderation in all things
And my review of this book you find here:

http://www.romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=20873
Quote:Putney- just up the road from the Villa Caballo! Can I check the date though- isn't 20th March a Thursday??
Cheers and good luck- my wife writes and its a tough trade...
Caballo

Quite right - it was originally on the 20th, but has moved to the 22nd - I have 20th on the brain, but it's definately the 22nd. Sorry for the confusion, and thanks Svenja for the review!

Cheers
Russ
I can't attend the launch event, unfortunately for me, but I'll nab a copy when its available and give it a read. Smile

Rutilia
If you have peace in your land,
You will have health in your hand.

mka Siani Overstreet
Wow great video! Can't ask for a better promo than warrior women!
Good luck with the book Russ!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Thanks guys! If the book sees print, I'll be sure to credit RAT in the acknowledgements section!

Cheers

Russ
The video looks to have taken a lot of footage from the BBC documentary on the London Gladiatrix.

I recognise some of the shields used it that too! I spotted Britannia and the RMRS shields!
All the best for the book launch Russ!
Can't attend, but I will read your book. Smile
Sara T.
RAT Rules for Posting

Courage is found in unlikely places. [size=75:2xx5no0x] ~J.R.R Tolkien[/size]
You've got a pretty good eye Ade, even after you mentioned it, I almost caught a glimps of our scuta possibly twice. Never even registered on the eye the first time I watched it! :? A bit like our big role from last year....still haven't seen it!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Looks interesting Russ

My wife is a writer and as Caballo noted it is a tough trade.

Can't make the launch event but best of luck to you sir! Smile

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
Hi Russ,

I would love to make the book launch, but not sure I'll be able to. If not, I will definitely get hold of your book anyhow

The very best of luck ! Big Grin
Memmia AKA Joanne Wenlock.
Friends of Letocetum
Thanks all for the best wishes!

Cheers

Russ

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spartacus Book Launch in Bath, UK, 19 January ParthianBow 3 1,427 01-06-2012, 01:54 AM
Last Post: Medusa Gladiatrix
  Eager for Glory: Launch and Book Signing June 18 Lindsay_Powell 2 1,604 05-31-2011, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Vindex
  York Roman Festival Launch Event Pertinax 2 1,406 07-25-2007, 10:19 AM
Last Post: Pertinax