Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Muster on the Maumee
Salvete! This is my first post on the site so this post is an introduction of myself and a plea for troops.

The 14-15 of June 2008 are the dates of "The Muster on the Maumee" an event at Fort Meigs in Perrysburg, Ohio. The move in day is the 13th which is a Friday and the event opens up to the public on Saturday morning. The event is a mixed event that is a soldiers through the ages starting with ancient Rome and Greece but goes all the way to Vietnam era soldiers. The event is put on by the Smoke and Fire company who runs a very tight ship and organizes the event very nicely.

My plea goes out mainly to Celts, we are lacking in numbers, for the past few years we have been outnumbered about 20 to 1 byt the Romans we need men, we are expecting more this year but still the more the better.

For all of you who come I formally invite you to a feast hosted by my group "Brayden Cael: Iceni Tribe of Michigan" and we will provide meat and stew, we ask all other groups to bring atleast one dish to pass and there own drinks. Drinks do not have to be period as the public is kicked out at 5 and not let back in till 9 a.m.

Here is the site if you wich to register for the event: http://www.fortmeigs.org/registration.htm

If you have any questions let me know, I'll be glad to fill you in.
Go in peace, and may the light of Lugh shine on your path
Divitiacus: Priest and brehon of the Druid order
Commander of the Brayden Cael
(AKA Justin Hawley)
Salve Donciorate, welcome to RAT! Smile

Please put your real name in your signature, tis a forum rule. Thanks! Big Grin
Sara T.
RAT Rules for Posting

Courage is found in unlikely places. [size=75:2xx5no0x] ~J.R.R Tolkien[/size]
Quote:Salvete! This is my first post on the site so this post is an introduction of myself and a plea for troops.

And here is the Roman police force already on your back! Big Grin

Seriously though, please add your real name to your signature. It's one of the rules in here. :wink:
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
There we go, signiture added.
(AKA Justin Hawley)
Quote: And here is the Roman police force already on your back! Big Grin

:lol: :lol:

Quote:There we go, signiture added.

Awesome. Thanks Justin. Smile
Sara T.
RAT Rules for Posting

Courage is found in unlikely places. [size=75:2xx5no0x] ~J.R.R Tolkien[/size]
Well folks there is one month left to register for the Muster on the Maumee, I can't stress enough the need for a big Roman and Gallic presence we've been out shone by the Vikings for too long.

The event is a great one with 2000 years of spectacular kits and people, and of course once the public leaves the real fun begins, the feasting and the fighting and the singing and the dancing.

So if your in the area or want to be, please come out I will even allow you Romans to eat at my table on Saturday night, which is feast night.

Donicorate Ockley (Commander of the "Brayden Cael, Iceni Tribe of Michigan.")
(AKA Justin Hawley)
Legio XXX cohort III is signed up and will be there. We have two, maybe three milites, plus another two to three camp followers who will be in attendence.
Titus Licinius Neuraleanus
aka Lee Holeva
Conscribe te militem in legionibus, vide mundum, inveni terras externas, cognosce miros peregrinos, eviscera eos.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.legiotricesima.org">http://www.legiotricesima.org
Here we go folks, an update on the feast, all Celts and Romans are allowed to come even if they are just visiting, each group please bring their own drinks and feast gear as well as some sort of authentic dish to pass. I will be providing out of my camp

1. Water to drink and some limited amounts of our groups 8 month old mead, its tasty.

2. Roast leg of lamb marinated in garlic, rosemary, thyme olive oil and other spices.

3. Beef stew: diced beef, rutabaga, carrot, onion, tomato and spices.

4. Assorted grilled sausages and other grilled treats.

5. Other grilled treats including mushrooms, chestnuts, asparagus and gourds.

6. As much bread as you can eat.

So I hope you folks can come for the whole event or at least come visit on Saturday and stay for feast night.

Note: also if anyone needs to warm their dish up our fires will be hot from about 12:00 p.m. and on with plenty of room to put your things in.
(AKA Justin Hawley)
I "MIGHT" be able to attend on Saturday, but unfortunately I could only attend as a Roman. I have a Celt kit, but I feel dirty wearing it :wink:
"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

a.k.a. Paul M.
Legio XXIV Midwest Vex will be the following events, and invites any and all of you to attend (please let me know if you need further info)
June 6 Roman Festival sponsored by Univ of Windsor
June 14/15 Ft. Meigs
June 30 Garrison Duty at Ft. Malden (Amherstberg, Ontario)
July (date tba) Route march to test equipment and publicize Roman reenacting
August 1-3 Military Timeline at Ft. Malden
Sept 28 Roman Days in Washington, D.C. area
October 3-5 Movie shoot for "RomaVivit" in Gettysburg, PA

Also, Optio Quintus invites any and all barbarians to upcoming training and feasts at his own Castra Fabricia. Please contact him for details
Quintus Fabricius Varus

[David Smith]
We have a confirmed combat time for Romans and Celts, we will have time at 3 P.M. on Saturday, this will be needle felt and latex weapons only.
(AKA Justin Hawley)
I was there, but as another era.

Can you tell me more about the latex weapons you used for the scenario?

-Jason
-Jason Banditt Adams
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.Rogue-Artist.com">www.Rogue-Artist.com
They are made by the Eagleflex company out of Texas sells them through many saources here is a link to them and pictures, remember they may look very pricey but they are virtually indestructable.

http://www.latex-weaponry.com/ef_swords.html

Legion XXIV has a few of the Roman Gladius's and a few of the Infantry swords both are very good, very durrable, and at a distance look great.
(AKA Justin Hawley)
awesome, thanks!
-Jason Banditt Adams
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.Rogue-Artist.com">www.Rogue-Artist.com

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Muster on the Maumee June 2015 Gaius Colletti 0 1,644 05-11-2015, 04:15 PM
Last Post: Gaius Colletti
  Muster on the Maumee Gaius Colletti 1 1,113 06-16-2012, 01:09 AM