Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fascia ventrlis
so after looking in ospreys Roman Military Clothing (1) and i found the fascia ventrlis. now my question is what does any one know about it. was it for officers only? men for wealth ? colors ? width? all i know about it is in that book so any help would be great.
thank in advances
Anton O\'\'N eil

the one the only the crazy
Try a search, there's been a lot of discussion on the subject.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Quote:after looking in ospreys Roman Military Clothing (1) and i found the fascia ventrlis. now my question is what does any one know about it. was it for officers only? men for wealth ? colors ? width? all i know about it is in that book so any help would be great.

That was all the information I could find and since then not more has been added other than confirmation from a couple of ancient texts that they did exist. Otherwise you have to base size etc... on tombstones. There is little evidence for colour and material and as for who wore them, again all we really have at the moment is the tombstone evidence.
Graham
"Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe.

"Every brush-stroke is torn from my body" The Rebel, Tony Hancock.

"..I sweated in that damn dirty armor....TWENTY YEARS!', Charlton Heston, The Warlord.
Quote:try a search, there's been a lot of discussion on the subject.

:oops: :oops: :oops: i an having one of those duh moment now did a search and poof there was what i was looking for. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Anton O\'\'N eil

the one the only the crazy