Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with hunting weapon!
Demetrivs the socket is fordged from a pipe and the prongs are also forged then I welded the two together, I just made it in a few hours yesterday as I am busy with the grinding thread Big Grin
Regards Brennivs Big Grin
Woe Ye The Vanquished
                     Brennvs 390 BC
When you have all this why do you envy our mud huts
                     Caratacvs
Centvrio Princeps Brennivs COH I Dacorivm (Roma Antiqvia)
Aitor the spear head is on its way Big Grin Working on the other type variant.
Regards Brennivs Big Grin
Woe Ye The Vanquished
                     Brennvs 390 BC
When you have all this why do you envy our mud huts
                     Caratacvs
Centvrio Princeps Brennivs COH I Dacorivm (Roma Antiqvia)
Many thanks, Tony!! Big Grin D
Please, read the PM I've sent 8) ç

Aitor
It\'s all an accident, an accident of hands. Mine, others, all without mind, from one extreme to another, but neither works nor will ever.

Rolf Steiner
Hello.

I have found a exemplar of that kind of spear. Is published in Tafel IV of Junkelmann's "Die Legionen des Augustus". Seems very little and the points are straight, without "arpoons".
Many thanks, Cesar! Big Grin I own that book, I'll try to find it among my book heaps and have a look at that photo!!
How do you do? I am rathe neglecting this forum lately... :oops:

Aitor
It\'s all an accident, an accident of hands. Mine, others, all without mind, from one extreme to another, but neither works nor will ever.

Rolf Steiner
Hi again, Cesar.
I'm rather puzzled :? on my copy (seventh edition, 1997), Taf. 4 has nothing to do with a forked spear. Could you, please, be more specific and quote page and chapter?
Many thanks! Big Grin

Aitor

Rolf Steiner
Hello, Aitor.

It's at the introduction (EINLEITUNG). The figures don't have number of page, counting is the 20th page. It's on the first set of figures.

The pictures depicts a set of iron objects from Xanten. At the bottom right part of the picture is clearly visible a fork with two arms, and a socketed way of wood handle insertion.

Regards!
Thanks, Cesar.
On my copy, the 'Enleitung' is only four pagers long and it has no pics... Sad
My edition is probably older than yours, otherwise I cnnot understand it... :?

Aitor

Rolf Steiner