Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Off to Poros I go!
If you have time come see us in Nemea Suzanne!
See in the events thread.

Best!

S
Gioi, they provide housing, food, and flight trips. We also get a daily 30€ wage.

For everything else, there's VISA. Wink

A little bird whispered into my ear, in January, and told me about a course hosted by my institution, and that they were looking for slaves / volunteers / drudges. It took me less than a second to make up my mind and start writing my application.
[size=75:wtt9v943]Susanne Arvidsson

I have not spent months gathering Hoplites from the four corners of the earth just to let
some Swedish pancake in a purloined panoply lop their lower limbs off!
- Paul Allen, Thespian
[/size]

[Image: partofE448.jpg]
Hope you have a fab time! Big Grin
Kat x

~We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~
Have a great time! Big Grin
Memmia AKA Joanne Wenlock.
Friends of Letocetum
Susanne,

I wish you a fantastic experience in Poros. I know the Poseiden Sanctuary site as I spent about a week in Poros back in 2000. Rented a scooter and spent several hours exploring the ruins.

Poros is a great place, and convenient to both Attica and the Peloponnese. Troezen, birthplace of Theseus, is a very short car ride from Galatas (the mainland town across the harbor from Poros). Sure wish I was there!

Congratulations and enjoy!

Quinton
Enjoy! Big Grin

I´m very happy too with my Erasmus scholarship in Freiburg im Br.
40 hours working from Mo to Fr, and then...weekend Big Grin !

Not much Roman here, but Estrasbourg, Basel, Karlsruhe and Augst have plenty of those things...and are quite near.

Also I´m planing to go some days to Milano... :roll: , so I´ll be in Italy for my first time! Big Grin

We, lucky cheekymonkeys, :twisted:
-This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedevere. Explain again how
sheep´s bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes.
[Image: escudocopia.jpg]Iagoba Ferreira Benito, member of Cohors Prima Gallica
and current Medieval Martial Arts teacher of Comilitium Sacrae Ensis, fencing club.
Whoah, the excavation has been a blast so far, right now I'm in downtown Athens and have been visiting the Agora, Acropolis, and Areopag in the morning, lovely place and not as filthy as many would say.

Pictures will be posted later... our hotel's internet connection has been down for the whole week. Right now I'm at some Internet Cafe close to the Archaeological Museum.

To be updated shortly... Smile

I have not spent months gathering Hoplites from the four corners of the earth just to let
- Paul Allen, Thespian
[/size]

Is that the main Archaological museum?

Yes, Athens isgreat, and no dirtier than any other large city, especially considering her age!! 8) Which hotel are you in?
I was in the Phillipos near the Acropolis, great location for seeing thingsand a 3 min walk from the Akropoli metro station.
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Gioi: well I have learned all the basic stuff, including "Iamas" (or however you spell it out). Ironically, the hotel owner asked me if I possibly was Greek. Duh. :S

Gaius: yup, that's the one! Unfortunately, the vase collection was closed for the weekend. What a shame, that was what I was particularly interested in seeing at the museum.

We were staying at "Arta" at Nikitara, in Omonia. 90 € for three persons and two nights... good price. But you get what you pay for. Chewing gum below the night lamp anyone?

- Paul Allen, Thespian
[/size]