Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6 Nations Rugby
Kat
I know what you mean. Every time I watch them or say they will win they lose. Gotta stick to tape delay or DVDs and keep the old trap shut Smile
Jon R.
There are no real truths, just stories. (Zuni)
Haha glad it's not just me then!

As for you lot revelling in England losing. I'm honoured you're that bothered :wink: Big Grin
Kat x

~We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~
Quote:Haha glad it's not just me then!

As for you lot revelling in England losing. I'm honoured you're that bothered :wink: Big Grin

I am just taking pitty on poor ENGLAND :wink:
"The Kaiser knows the Munsters,
by the Shamrock on their caps,
And the famous Bengal Tiger, ever ready for a scrap,
And all his big battalions, Prussian Guards and grenadiers,
Fear to face the flashing bayonets of the Munster Fusiliers."

Go Bua
Quote:
Libitina:1x26dedf Wrote:Haha glad it's not just me then!

I am just taking pitty on poor ENGLAND :wink:

We have a superiority complex. Your pity means nothing :lol:
Kat x

We have a superiority complex. Your pity means nothing :?:

I'am from Cork. If you ever have the luck to come to Cork city and county Then you will see a superiority complex Tongue

P.S you should have beat WALES 8)

http://bebo.com/watch/4750121426 (please watch this to the end to get the Joke :wink: )
"The Kaiser knows the Munsters,
by the Shamrock on their caps,
And the famous Bengal Tiger, ever ready for a scrap,
And all his big battalions, Prussian Guards and grenadiers,
Fear to face the flashing bayonets of the Munster Fusiliers."

Go Bua
In the States, we had the American Football Super Bowl last night. It was played between the New England Patriots based near Boston, Mass. and the New York Giants. I had no dog in the hunt since I was a Washington Redskins fan until a new owner for the team, Dan Snyder, screwed things all up for it, so I could just sit back and enjoy the game. It was, I think, the best Super Bowl that I have seen and I have seen most of them, including the famous Jets-Colts game in 1969. It was a sterling defensive game down to the last about 8-9 minutes of play when both sides' defenses were flat wiped but the Giants had just the smallest increment more than the Patriots and they gave the ball to Quarterback Eli Manning for what had to be the most sensational last two minute drive ever. And then they held the Patriots from getting within field goal range in the last seconds. What a game! BRAVO GIANTS!

The only puzzle to me was why the Patriots didn't go to quick screen passes to break up that Giants' pass rush. The Giants' defense had been right down the Tom Brady's throat (he is the Patriots' QB) all game long as all he tried to do was to stay back and to throw long rather than to make the quick short passes that break up a concentrated pass rush.
I saw the BBC were showing the Superbowl live. I was tempted to watch a bit but even I'm asleep at that time in the morning lol I would have cheered for the Patriots but that's only cos I've been to New England and loved it Big Grin
Kat x

Back to my search for a Six Nations Tournament rugby shirt, I have found two sources for what appear to be the same shirt which is exactly what I want. I was wondering if any of you have had any experience with either of these concerns.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-SIX-NATIONS-R ... otohosting

http://www.heritageofscotland.com/pid,5 ... rrency=USD

Despite what the first one says about a 54" chest being an L, I would suggest to you that it is really a XXL, as that is what everyone elsecalls a 54" chest.
Quote:Back to my search for a Six Nations Tournament rugby shirt, I have found two sources for what appear to be the same shirt which is exactly what I want. I was wondering if any of you have had any experience with either of these concerns.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-SIX-NATIONS-R ... otohosting

http://www.heritageofscotland.com/pid,5 ... rrency=USD

Despite what the first one says about a 54" chest being an L, I would suggest to you that it is really a XXL, as that is what everyone elsecalls a 54" chest.

The Ebayer looks pretty trustworthy. Lots of good feedback for the shirts but couldnt see how much postage was to US. I'm not familiar with the other site.

If you use Paypal with Ebay you're covered anyway if the shirt doesn't turn up and can claim your money back. I'd go with which ever is cheapest!
Kat x

Well, Libitina, it seems that I had ordered something over ebay way back when and I cannot remember any of the account details, including my secret question and/or password. Since I could not reach anybody at ebay to help me after trying for about an hour over lunch, I gave up and ordered the two shirts from Scottish Heritage. I can understand the need for security at ebay but the run-around that I was getting is just ridiculous and was worse than any governmental bureaucracy that I have ever encountered. It cost them and their seller a sale of at least three shirts.
Oh that's a shame for the seller but at least you have what you were after. While looking for your shirts I found a black England one so tempted to buy that myself Big Grin
Kat x

Thank you all for your assistance. Big Grin D
Right. Let's see if England fare any better this weekend. If we lose again I'm avoiding this thread :lol:
Kat x

This week's predictions:
France Cry
Wales
England. I fear England could crush Italy horribly in a backlash.
Forza Italia!!
....the days are long gone when England can automatically assume an easy win over the 'minnows', Kate !!! Sad

I doubt a 'crushing' ! Smile D lol:
"dulce et decorum est pro patria mori " - Horace
(It is a sweet and proper thing to die for ones country)

"No son-of-a-bitch ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country" - George C Scott as General George S. Patton
Paul McDonnell-Staff

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  to MUCH Rugby! Hibernicus 10 1,953 05-24-2009, 05:42 PM
Last Post: ParthianBow
  Rugby Ceannt 12 2,190 03-25-2009, 06:33 PM
Last Post: Na Saighdiuir
  RUGBY! Here we go...! Hibernicus 112 22,299 05-29-2008, 12:26 PM
Last Post: Na Saighdiuir