Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6 Nations Rugby
Thanks, Libitina. That shirt has exactly the sort of logos that I am seeking. Now, if I can only find one or more that haven't been worn out before I buy them, I'll be happy as the proverbial pig in clover.

Lochinvar, please see Libitina's last post and check out the shirt linkled to it. Those are the logos that I seek.

By the way, I love you nom de ordinateur. I do not know if you have ever seen the film, "The Graduate," but the ending made me think so much of the poem, "Lochinvar," except that Dustin Hoffman's steed ran out of gas and the couple had to take the bus to escape. When my wife and I got home from seeing the film, I looked up the poem and read it to her. He broke out laughing at the comparison. I have always loved that poem, even long before the film. I grew up with it. Scott really caught the mythos of the Border Raiders in it.
[Image: whistling.gif]

Soooooo...

Time to get more in touch with my Scottish half? :lol:
Kat x

~We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~
How about wales Tongue
"The Kaiser knows the Munsters,
by the Shamrock on their caps,
And the famous Bengal Tiger, ever ready for a scrap,
And all his big battalions, Prussian Guards and grenadiers,
Fear to face the flashing bayonets of the Munster Fusiliers."

Go Bua
Ok, I'll admit it, I was wrong in my second prediction. At half time I thought I was dead right! I'm very happy I was wrong though :lol: :lol: :lol:
And Shane, what about Ireland? They looked as bad as Wales in the first half and England in the second for a lot of their game. They're gonna have a tough one against France next week!
Congratulations to Wales and Ireland. Shame about D'Arcy, but a worthy reason to leave the field of play....unlike over-paid, wet-cheesecloth-blouse soccer players who go off for a broken finger nail!!

Bring on Les Francais tomorrow!! I extend a hand of friendship to our French opponents. Let's hope for a good game which brings honour to both our nations.
Lochinvar/Ewan Carmichael
As for Wales today v England.....well, the best comeback since Lazarus! :roll:
[Image: wip2_r1_c1-1-1.jpg] [Image: Comitatuslogo3.jpg]

aka Paul B, moderator
http://www.romanarmy.net/auxilia.htm
Moderation in all things
Our sports programs here are taking a certain schadenfreude in England's discomforture....I'll get to see the game later today. Smile

There's a lot of support here for Italian Rugby, because it is seen as a 'child' of Aussie Rugby, we have a large ethnic Italian population, and not least, Aussies love an underdog ! Big Grin
"dulce et decorum est pro patria mori " - Horace
(It is a sweet and proper thing to die for ones country)

"No son-of-a-bitch ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country" - George C Scott as General George S. Patton
Paul McDonnell-Staff
Hmmm! Not a good start for the 3Ls Sad
Jon R.
There are no real truths, just stories. (Zuni)
I was being nice and not mentioning the Ireland V Italy game. It's great and all when your team wins but it was a teeny bit dull.

Does anyone else get silly superstitions? I believe firmly it's my fault England lost because they were doing great until the second half when I left the room to make my dinner Big Grin
Kat x

~We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~
Congratulations to France... and there was me banging on about honour.

Vae victis...so many unforced Scottish errors. I think we're gonna need that Aussie support for the underdogs.
Lochinvar/Ewan Carmichael
I know what you mean about leaving the room, Kat; when I'm watching test cricket, whenever I go to make a cup of coffee a wicket falls!

Scotland - not quite as bad as the kamikaze rugby they played in last year's 6 nats v Italy, but along the same lines, I'm afraid. They ought not to worry Wales much next weekend, but you just never know!
Quote:And Shane, what about Ireland? They looked as bad as Wales in the first half and England in the second for a lot of their game. They're gonna have a tough one against France next week!

Well 1 WE WON (we were crap but we won)

2 Edd o Sullivan has to go and he will

3 France will more than likey kick 7 shads of green out of us Cry

And 4 England lost :twisted:
"The Kaiser knows the Munsters,
by the Shamrock on their caps,
And the famous Bengal Tiger, ever ready for a scrap,
And all his big battalions, Prussian Guards and grenadiers,
Fear to face the flashing bayonets of the Munster Fusiliers."

Go Bua
Quote: And 4 England lost :twisted:

And of course, that's really the only thing that's important :wink: :lol: