Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6 Nations Rugby
Ah, Kate, the Welsh front row - all frizzy perms and beergut. No, :roll: not you, the front row!
Changed days from when they used to scare the c**p out of us in the 70s.
Lochinvar/Ewan Carmichael
I'm glad you clarified that comment, Ewan!!

Also jealous of Paul going to Twickers. I've been to two 6 Nations games at the Millennium Stadium, one where France wiped the floor with us so skillfully that the Welsh ended up applauding them, one where a Scot got himself sent off inside 15 minutes and that killed the match; and I also went to the very first match between England and Italy at Stadio Flaminio.
I caused much confusion by obviously being British - but supporting Italy :lol:

I don't think Wales will be a surprise package on Saturday, but if I'm wrong, I'll come on here and admit to it. And laugh.
:wink: Big Grin
Back in the late 1990s, I bought a green rugby shirt that comemmorated the Six Nations Cup. I literally wore out the shirt out to the point where it was unrepairable. I have looked for a replacement but cannot seem to find one. All that I can find are shirts for the individual teams.

The shirt that I had was a straight-forward medium green rugby shirt with the emblems of the six nations on its left breast and with a white taped collar. Do any of you know where I might find another such shirt in XXL? If I can find such shirts, I may very well buy 3 or 4 to keep a few in back-up.
damn damn damn

I've got settle for Sevens in San Diego Feb 9-10..just not the same...

Hibernicus
Hibernicus

LEGIO IX HISPANA, USA

You cannot dig ditches in a toga!

[url:194jujcw]http://www.legio-ix-hispana.org[/url]
A nationwide club with chapters across N America
Its going to be great- going with my middle sons Morgan and Owen (Welsh wife)- who as London Welsh players (where I sort of coach) have -shall we say- mixed loyalties :roll: . Mog has a Wales shirt that he got signed by Martin Johnson ......is this a record?
[Image: wip2_r1_c1-1-1.jpg] [Image: Comitatuslogo3.jpg]

aka Paul B, moderator
http://www.romanarmy.net/auxilia.htm
Moderation in all things
Ave Hugh,
There is a firm called Cotton Traders which may do that sort of thing. Take at look at the internet and, if you can't find 'em, get back to me.
Regards.
Quote:Back in the late 1990s, I bought a green rugby shirt that comemmorated the Six Nations Cup. I literally wore out the shirt out to the point where it was unrepairable. I have looked for a replacement but cannot seem to find one. All that I can find are shirts for the individual teams.

The shirt that I had was a straight-forward medium green rugby shirt with the emblems of the six nations on its left breast and with a white taped collar. Do any of you know where I might find another such shirt in XXL? If I can find such shirts, I may very well buy 3 or 4 to keep a few in back-up.

Hiya

Closest I can find is:-

[Image: B98%207651.jpg]

http://www.6nationsstore.com/WsProduct. ... &BPID=4572

or

[Image: B98%202649.jpg]

http://www.6nationsstore.com/WsProduct. ... &BPID=4573
Kat x

~We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~
Quote:Hey Gaius, join Shane and Libitina in the gang whose posts make me laugh. This place definitely benefits from you three's upbeat contributions. Take an imaginary third of a laud each.
Boy, we could have some party (sighs wistfully)...thinks, massive Roman gathering in Sackville Street...mmm

I'm sure it would be a very demure affair!

[Image: drunk.gif] [Image: dance.gif][Image: guiness.gif]
Kat x

Unlike our plans for Saturday at Twickenham.....

PS Have done very well in the club ballot this year, with tickets for two games at Cardiff as well.......its going to be good (though the liver may take a pounding...)
[Image: wip2_r1_c1-1-1.jpg] [Image: Comitatuslogo3.jpg]

aka Paul B, moderator
http://www.romanarmy.net/auxilia.htm
Moderation in all things
Libitina, can you or anyone else tell me what those "embroidered logos" are? The shirt that I had showed a Thistle for Scotland, a Cockerel for France, a Wyvern (IIRC) for Wales, a Harp or a Shamrock for Eire and so on. In other words, traditional heraldic stuff.

Thanks, Hugh
Quote:Libitina, can you or anyone else tell me what those "embroidered logos" are? The shirt that I had showed a Thistle for Scotland, a Cockerel for France, a Wyvern (IIRC) for Wales, a Harp or a Shamrock for Eire and so on. In other words, traditional heraldic stuff.

Thanks, Hugh

Ummm, pass! I'm not sure what logos those have on the sleeve.

There's this one on Ebay which has been worn but shows the logos:-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SIX-6-NATIONS-COT ... dZViewItem

Yet to find any like your old one x
Kat x

Quote:damn damn damn

I've got settle for Sevens in San Diego Feb 9-10..just not the same...

Hibernicus

You poor thing! You get 2 days in the sun in San Diego while we'll probably be delighting in the grey skies and damp drizzle that'll no doubt be back in a few hours.... How come I don't feel the least bit sorry for you? :wink:
Hi Hugh,
I've just got home from work and, looking at the Cotton Traders website, can't see the sort of thing you mean.
However, I'm sure I have seen them in previous seasons.
I'll keep my eyes peeled and report back.
Quote:
Lochinvar:8rrjqxcz Wrote:Hey Gaius, join Shane and Libitina in the gang whose posts make me laugh. This place definitely benefits from you three's upbeat contributions. Take an imaginary third of a laud each.
Boy, we could have some party (sighs wistfully)...thinks, massive Roman gathering in Sackville Street...mmm

I'm sure it would be a very demure affair!

[Image: drunk.gif] [Image: dance.gif][Image: guiness.gif]

demure i am from CORK nothing is demure with cork Girl (local lingo)

P.S Like the little Pint Logo Tongue

P.P.S i wish i had a house in England Because i would invited everyone on this thead :wink:
"The Kaiser knows the Munsters,
by the Shamrock on their caps,
And the famous Bengal Tiger, ever ready for a scrap,
And all his big battalions, Prussian Guards and grenadiers,
Fear to face the flashing bayonets of the Munster Fusiliers."

Go Bua

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  to MUCH Rugby! Hibernicus 10 1,912 05-24-2009, 05:42 PM
Last Post: ParthianBow
  Rugby Ceannt 12 2,083 03-25-2009, 06:33 PM
Last Post: Na Saighdiuir