Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roman Standards
Ok, this is where I refrain from comment in case I get myself in trouble.... :oops: Tongue roll:

Still, it would be interesting to see, there are after all women who do reenacting as hoplites as well!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:Ok, this is where I refrain from comment in case I get myself in trouble.... :oops: Tongue roll:

That's right - I'm watching YOU especially buddy! Watch your mouth! :lol: Just kidding Byron. Tongue
Sara T.
RAT Rules for Posting

Courage is found in unlikely places. [size=75:2xx5no0x] ~J.R.R Tolkien[/size]
Were there any female Gaesatae?
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Thanks for all of the suggestions!

I had no idea that 'any' women participated as soldiers with the Legio's. I thought they were very strict about that.

We have authentic kilt wearing folks in the SCA. Sometimes they like to share even if the wind isn't blowing. Confusedhock: :lol:
++++++++++++++
Quinta Livia Anastasia
aka stace kelsey
Yep, damn blue feathers.
Derek D. Estabrook
Quote:Sadly there's no disguising my chest. Confusedhock:

Hmm, that may be a matter of opinion, better see an actual picture before I make my mind up :lol:
MARCVS VLPIVS NERVA (aka Martin McAree)

www.romanarmy.ie

Legion Ireland - Roman Military Society of Ireland
Legionis XX Valeria Victrix Cohors VIII

[email protected]

[email protected]
Like the pic in my profile - a portrait I had done of me and my Roman warhorse. But I have red hair now.

8)

[Image: b35876222.jpg]
++++++++++++++
Quinta Livia Anastasia
aka stace kelsey
Quote:I had no idea that 'any' women participated as soldiers with the Legio's. I thought they were very strict about that.

They were.
M. CVRIVS ALEXANDER
(Alexander Kyrychenko)
LEG XI CPF

quando omni flunkus, mortati
As in, not so much anymore?
++++++++++++++
Quinta Livia Anastasia
aka stace kelsey
Some are adamantly opposed to women on the battle line, some are not. Best check with whichever group you want to join first. If you opt for lorica segmentata, you should be fairly ordinary to the line, but hamata would not conceal your gender.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
I'm staying with the SCA, because I like the fighting. Big Grin But I will make it authentic as possible and be first in line to teach others the true Roman Way.
++++++++++++++
Quinta Livia Anastasia
aka stace kelsey
Quote:Like the pic in my profile - a portrait I had done of me and my Roman warhorse. But I have red hair now.
That's an actual Roman warhorse, you say? Looks a tad too tall, if you ask me.

Quote:I will make it authentic as possible and be first in line to teach others the true Roman Way.
You may find that the fight to the front of that line, is a bigger one than you had hoped for. There are a few around.
Marcus Julius Germanus
m.k.a. Brian Biesemeyer
S.P.Q.A.
No, it's not an actual Roman warhorse, it's my horse, therefore, my Roman warhorse. He ended up growing to 18 hands - I bought him at 2 when he was 16 hands (before I became involved with reenactment and learned that Roman horses were fairly short).

I feel it's my duty to recreate all things Roman in the SCA to be the best of my ability and hopefully it will encourage others to do the same and learn about Rome. I want to fight and I can't do that with a Legio so I have to do the next best thing. I love swordfighting. Even though you go upon a field and you have every era up to 1650 AD, it's still a lot of fun.
++++++++++++++
Quinta Livia Anastasia
aka stace kelsey
If you haven't, already, have a look at the Ninth Legion SCA Warband. There are one or two of their members on this forum as well.

If your plans include Estrella War this month, I doubt they'd turn you away from a visit to their camp.

It's actually amazing how well the ancients do in SCA combat.
Marcus Julius Germanus
m.k.a. Brian Biesemeyer
S.P.Q.A.
I'll be the first Roman Queen by her own right.

8)
++++++++++++++
Quinta Livia Anastasia
aka stace kelsey

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roman Standards Titus Publius Saturninus 1 1,010 05-14-2007, 02:19 AM
Last Post: A_Volpe