Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAY THE MISSING PLUMBATA GAME!
OK, after a week, it's time to end the competition.

Just 9 braves who dared make a guess, well, that's just about a contubernium. :wink:

1-G5 - Dan Diffendale
2-G4 - Andy Pierucci
3-K1 - Rusty Myers
4-D1 - Siggi K.
5-C2 - Martijn Wijnhoven
6-J6 - David Wills
7-I1 - Wes Olson
8-L5 - Iagoba Ferreira Benitoand finally
9-C1 - Anton O' Neil

AND THE WINNER IS:
[Image: Graham3-1.jpg]
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
So, you're saying I didn't win :?: ...but you're not looking at the full arc of the trajectory, which took the plumbata just over everyone's head, sticking it safely in J6 dirt, behind and to the right hand side of all the humans. Safety first, you know. Sigh.

Never mind. :?
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
You can see why the rest of us look like this when we observe the plumbata throwing:

:lol:
Salvianus: Ste Kenwright

A member of Comitatus Late Roman Historical Re-enactment Group

My Re-enactment Journal

~ antiquum obtinens ~
Excellent! LOL! :lol:
Quote:You can see why the rest of us look like this when we observe the plumbata throwing:

:lol: Do you issue any protection to the crowd? Am I safe in the plastic camping at Rockingham? :wink:
Kat x

~We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~
Quote: :lol: Do you issue any protection to the crowd? Am I safe in the plastic camping at Rockingham? :wink:

I think you are safe by the tents: the most innacurate offender stopped lobbing plumbatae a while ago (I was getting plumbata elbow Big Grin )
Salvianus: Ste Kenwright

A member of Comitatus Late Roman Historical Re-enactment Group

My Re-enactment Journal

~ antiquum obtinens ~
Quote:
Libitina:2n2wvj3m Wrote::lol: Do you issue any protection to the crowd? Am I safe in the plastic camping at Rockingham? :wink:

I think you are safe by the tents: the most innacurate offender stopped lobbing plumbatae a while ago (I was getting plumbata elbow Big Grin )

Phew okay!
Kat x

~We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~
Look, to clear it up, Andy Dove realised we were being attacked from behind. Only he can lob a plumbata 50m behind his own line while still facing forwards. :wink:

I've been there - and done that! You can see why training with blunt versions is a MUST!
~ Paul Elliott

The Last Legionary
This book details the lives of Late Roman legionaries garrisoned in Britain in 400AD. It covers everything from battle to rations, camp duties to clothing.