Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rome Total War
What are the req's for RS?

Legion: TBD
RS requires a clean copy of RTW up to 1.5 patch. Simply install RS and you're away. Has some very nice galleys and numbered legions.
Quintus
(Guido)
Quintus
AKA Guido Aston

[size=100:2nyk19du]The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it. [/size]
Thucydides (471 BC - 400 BC)
Ah, this game is marvelous.

mach10, you can play the game through the main campaigns as any of 3 Roman 'families' which are loosely based upon 3 actual families or something like that. These campaigns last around 200 turns, and have a few objectives. (Such as 'Defeat Gaul')

As you complete that campaign and defeat other 'nations', you can play campaigns as some of them, like the 'Greek Cities'. In the multiplayer/scenario play portion of the game you can field up to 8 armies of any of the many 'nations,' and any of their units!

A favorite of my brother and mine is to pit a side of only siege weapons or phalanx spears against various opponents, and usually on a bridge scenario.

The interface is similar to Civilization III (the only one I have played), but without a discernible graph on the map, which is amazing in itself. The trees sway in the wind, and storms can batter your navies. And it isn't all SimCity, because that would've driven even Nero to madness (wait...). you can 'auto-manage' most parts of the economy and assign 'governors' to manage your provinces. Provinces are a space of land with one cit chosen to represent the area.

Capture that city, and you have captured the entire province.

The battle interface is unlike anything I can recall. A truly amazing thing to mess around with. You have to see it for yourself, check out the website!

It is probably the best Roman-era game out there!
Howdy! I have no idea what\'s going on! My life needs a surge protector. Just because I\'m awake (at 1:45am) doesn\'t mean I\'m coordinated My creativity must be nocturnal. Be serious in only love and merriment. And in those, with love and merriment.
That was a taste of Patrick (which is my REAL first name, take that spammers)
Patron - You are describing Rome Total War vanilla I think. I though it was great until I found the Rome Total Realism mod (RTR) which transforms Rome Total War. Roma Surrectum (Rome Rising) is another modification which is different again from RTR. After Roma Surrectum I intend to move onto 58BC, the Campaigns of Caesar.

I would love a version which allows Quintus Sertorius to kick Pompey's ass around Hispania! Smile

Cheers
Quintus
(Guido)
Quintus
AKA Guido Aston

[size=100:2nyk19du]The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it. [/size]
I read the posts, but I suppose maybe I underestimate RTR's amazingness?

We probably would've downloaded the mod, if not for dial-up connection.
But things have changed a bit, so we will definitely embellish our experience with these wonderful mods.
Howdy! I have no idea what\'s going on! My life needs a surge protector. Just because I\'m awake (at 1:45am) doesn\'t mean I\'m coordinated My creativity must be nocturnal. Be serious in only love and merriment. And in those, with love and merriment.
Where are you finding these RS mods Sertorius? I tried EB but it failed to work. Yeah I am thinking you are right, no onagers in RTR either....
just you get artillery in the cities you capture, or as time goes on in the other ones. :roll:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Wes, please check your PM's ...

Thanks to the Great Caesar :wink: , I can buy the game now!
Sara T.
RAT Rules for Posting

Courage is found in unlikely places. [size=75:2xx5no0x] ~J.R.R Tolkien[/size]
Well, then, prepare to lose a lot of free time to the game. It does you like that.

A major tip. Develop several of your cities to be money makers, not troop factories. You'll devour resources pretty quickly when you start sending legions abroad. Build at least one very large navy group. Early on, the Carthagenians, Macedonians and Greeks have big fleets, and it's nice to be able to transport troops across the water in ships. If your ship gets sunk, all your soldiers drown. Expensive and bad for morale.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Take all the cities with mines that you can, that helps!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
If you can't afford mines, grenades are almost as good, you just need more of them.

OTOH, mines work in ports, too.

:lol:
(don't kill me)
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Quote:Where are you finding these RS mods Sertorius? I tried EB but it failed to work. Yeah I am thinking you are right, no onagers in RTR either....
just you get artillery in the cities you capture, or as time goes on in the other ones. :roll:

Ave Caesar:- I believe I found RS on Total War Heaven site. RS is is excellent and batteries of Onagers can be slow to move around but can wreah havoc on the enemy. Quite useful in frightening elephants too!
Salve
Sertorius
(Guido)
Quintus
AKA Guido Aston

Thanks for the beginner hints Byron and David! Smile (I could use all the help I can get w/ these type of games, lol).

Hi Quintus Sertorius, I don't see your real name in your signature ... please add it in, it's a forum rule. :wink:
Sara T.
RAT Rules for Posting

Courage is found in unlikely places. [size=75:2xx5no0x] ~J.R.R Tolkien[/size]
All right, I'll come clean. The mines are for getting ore from the ground, not the exploding kind. There are no grenades. Not even firecrackers. Sigh.

Resources around a particular town, like mines, fabric, wild animals, etc., help the town to produce finished goods. And as Victoria will tell you, "These .... produce wealth, which can be taxed." Naturally, if you overtax the population, growth (both economic and population) are stunted, and unrest ensues, possibly leading to a revolution--the inhabitants kick you out and close the gates to you. You'll have to retake the city if they do that. Exterminate the revolting peasants and start the population over...that seems the best tactic, usually.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
that was a naughty joke to pull. :wink:

also, I hope that whoever is buying is getting that awesome map!
Me and my bro marked all the cities with post-its and planned our conquest on the kitchen table... we should've pulled out the RISK pieces...
Demetrius, that was fast one. I did wonder what version you were playing. Are the Germanics using panzerfausts and racketenwerfer?

Senovara apologies. The 'latin' first name with the Saxon surname sounds a bit odd!

Never mind the mines, I met the Carthoginian elephants last night playing Roma Serrectum. Holy tuskers, I was faced with about fifty of them. This is far more than I ever saw in RTR Platinum. Interestingly I paid a price, but the early Caesarian legionaries saw them off. The onagers didn't scare them as I thought they might - even when using fire. (Terrified of mice, but onagers don't worry them - some elephants I must say!)

Quintus Sertorius
aka Guido Aston
Quintus
AKA Guido Aston

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Players needed Rome Total War Warrior of Italia 7 3,190 11-24-2018, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Stug50
  Rome 2 Total Realism 3 released JaM 2 5,867 12-04-2016, 09:33 AM
Last Post: Timus
  Rome: Total War II rononmaximus 250 89,132 10-16-2016, 10:35 AM
Last Post: womble67