Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great Mummy Portrait site (Fayum)
Ivan (aka Faventianus) one time show me a Fayum portrait that was incredible close to me!

Faventianus, can you found it and post?
Wow, I had never heard of the Fayum portraits before. Speaking as a portrait artist, these are really spectacular! I'd love to re-create the style just for fun.

hmm, for some reason the English version of the site doesn't work - good thing I know a little French!
Sara T.
RAT Rules for Posting

Courage is found in unlikely places. [size=75:2xx5no0x] ~J.R.R Tolkien[/size]
this is so awesome, I've always wondered what they looked like and most of them seem like people you'd see on the streets and not that different...just wonder what their teeth would look like...did they have bad dental care?

anyways:

someone did a reconstruction of a face http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Reco ... 1.21.1.JPG
Nicholas De Oppresso Liber

[i]“It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.â€
That reconstruction model was neat!

hmm, I can't imagine their teeth would have been horrible. I read somewhere that people didn't have major tooth decay until sugar was used, and I think that was around the 1700's in Europe. That's why parents always say "Candy rots your teeth"! LOL
Sara T.
RAT Rules for Posting

Courage is found in unlikely places. [size=75:2xx5no0x] ~J.R.R Tolkien[/size]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Polybius\' description and the Fayum scutum Mark Hygate 19 6,398 01-07-2014, 08:48 PM
Last Post: Mark Hygate
  FAYUM PAINTING Graham Sumner 6 2,221 08-17-2012, 01:19 AM
Last Post: Graham Sumner
  Great site about Xanten / Vetera caiusbeerquitius 2 1,649 03-21-2007, 08:50 AM
Last Post: caiusbeerquitius