Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marian Reforms/Land Distribution
Does anyone have any recomendations for books/articles dealing with C. Marius' military reforms and his distribution of land to veterans? I know there is a lot of debate on whether Marius actually instituted all the reforms which are attributed to him, and the institution of giving land to large numbers of vets seems like a big deal, but most of the books I have seen seem to only devote a chapter or so to Marius and his reforms/distribution of land before rushing on to the Social War and Sulla, and the grand total of information I have gotten from all of these can be gotten simply by reading Plutarch's life of Marius! So I was wondering if there were any books or articles published (i.e. in the JRS, etc.) on the Marian reforms and his distribution of land which might give a more indepth study? For such an influential figure there has to be something! Thanks. <p></p><i></i>

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Did the Marian reforms contribute to the military landscape? Hyrcanus 3 1,609 08-01-2010, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Gaius Julius Caesar
  State issued equipment before the Marian reforms? Jesper D 7 2,519 05-08-2009, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Thersites