Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Star Wars or Star Trek? :D
I too like both but there was nothing in Star Trek to compare with the Imperial Stormtroopers and few battles to speak of.

Unfortunately Star Wars also had Jar Jar Binks, lots of other annoying and pointless characters who had escaped from the Muppets and went squeak. Plus I will never forgive George Lucas for allowing a crack Legion to be defeated by a bunch of cuddly teddy bears!!! :evil:

By comparison on the rare occasion Star Trek had fluffy little things in, it resulted in one of their best ever episodes, 'Trials and Tribblelations'.

Graham.
"Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe.

"Every brush-stroke is torn from my body" The Rebel, Tony Hancock.

"..I sweated in that damn dirty armor....TWENTY YEARS!', Charlton Heston, The Warlord.
True enough Graham -- JarJar is a painful experience for anyone over the age on ten.

As to the Battle of Endor with the "Teddy Bears" (and any obvious references to the Vietnam War) I think we all misunderstood what the emperor said to Luke. The forest moon of Endor was not defended by a crack legion of Storm Troopers, but rather a "Quack Legion of Storm Troopers." How else can we explain their defeat?

As Yoda would tell us, "Difficult to understand is the Dark Side." hence our misinterpretation of the Emperor's words.

:wink:

Naruakmi
David Reinke
Burbank CA
Oh this is a tough one! I love BOTH!!! Can't wait for the new Trek movie, and I also have a bunch of action figures of Worf. I still have my old SW figures from the 80's too, and a Princess Leia doll!

I think I'll have to go with Star Wars though, since I wanted to be a Jedi Knight a kid.

Hey wait a sec, how does the Star Trek universe and Star Wars universe collide in the first place? I mean, seeing as how Star Wars happened "a long time ago"!!?? Is the time/space continuum disrupted!? Shouldn't Doctor Who have a say in this? :wink:
Sara T.
RAT Rules for Posting

Courage is found in unlikely places. [size=75:2xx5no0x] ~J.R.R Tolkien[/size]
Worm holes girl... :lol:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
...or Plot Holes -- either one will do.

Oh, and hang onto those action figures from the 80's Senovara -- they're worth some real money now.

Narukami
David Reinke
Burbank CA
Well, a worm hole maybe, you know someone messed around with one or another and someone then started shooting! Or, it was Q, he always pulls that stuff.
Now for the big time geeks/nerds out there. What is the size of the Enterprise and other ships like it and the same with a Star destroyer.
I'm just asking because a lot people think Star trek would win the war!
Sean Marcum

Roma Victrix! 
Quote: :twisted: :lol: Vorty gonna kill me for re-posted this again! lol!

GGGGRRRRRRRRR!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Hello ....
Which Star Trek do you mean ?
The Original with Shatner/Nimoy or the "follow-ups" (should I say "follow ? ooops !").
My vote would be:
A tie between the original 3 Star Wars and the original TV-sequels of Star Trek.
Seriously: Can you beat Ford and/or Shatner ?! Frankly, Idon't think so !
ALL the BEST to ALL of YOU in 2008 :!:

Greez

Simplex
Siggi K.
(You want to bet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJFLgNCDug0 )

Very good but Star trek would still wil :twisted:
"The Kaiser knows the Munsters,
by the Shamrock on their caps,
And the famous Bengal Tiger, ever ready for a scrap,
And all his big battalions, Prussian Guards and grenadiers,
Fear to face the flashing bayonets of the Munster Fusiliers."

Go Bua
Quote:(You want to bet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJFLgNCDug0 )

Very good but Star trek would still wil :twisted:

Now you will see the full power of Star wars!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fpy2ZBUo7yI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GUwCewn ... re=related
Well, if Star trek gets a Jedi.......Then they might win!

The madness continues!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgXaC-EniVs

Took me only 2 minutes to find these, so many other people have thought the same, then made movies!
Sean Marcum

Roma Victrix! 
O.K. .
So far so good,
.........but some of that "Blockheads" seem to wear "Battlestar Gallactica" apparels, don't they !? :o
BTW: What a charming way to promote a certain danish manufacturer of
technical gaming equipment for "kids". :wink:

Well, ahem ....entertaining ........ :lol:

Greez

Siggi K.
Siggi K.
What you're not taking into account is that war is fed by supply, and that's why Star Wars would win. If they run out of spaceships all they need do is find a load of buckets, hosepipes, V8 engines and flashlights, and hey presto, new spaceships that could destroy moons! Star Trek would probably take five years debating the curves of the engine nacelles.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Cheers Jim! :lol:

And again, Star Wars also have JEDIS. All they have to do is get a lot of them together, and presto! Include the Sith (from Knights of the Old Republic) in the mix and there you go (though why the Sith would be fighting alongside the Jedis I don't know).

Frankly, I think of Star Wars along the lines of Science Fantasy, instead of Science Fiction - two different genres. Smile
Sara T.
RAT Rules for Posting

Is that a real movie Gioi? Is it similiar to "Trekkies" from 1997?

They seem to have forgotten the FanGIRLS, though! :x
Sara T.
RAT Rules for Posting

Quote:
Chuck Russell:3r2kw9te Wrote:hey thats weird Gioi, how did you get chewboca to look like primvs pavlvs?

...I mean who doesn't want to be a Jedi?

Not me you Rebel scum! :wink:

Gioi ignore Chucks remarks regarding me looking like a Wookie. Chuck has a male hentai fixation that none of us understand. He has also been known to participate in Furry conventions.
"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

a.k.a. Paul M.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  About rating 4 star 5 star SAJID 8 8,182 06-28-2018, 03:31 PM
Last Post: Praefectusclassis
  Next Episode of Star Wars casts a long shadow ... Simplex 4 1,669 12-08-2014, 10:23 PM
Last Post: Flavivs Aetivs
  Star of Spartacus: Blood and Sand ill again ParthianBow 4 1,855 09-19-2010, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Narukami