Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rome Total Realism. Voices
I am sure I read somewhere that there was a download to replace much of the games speech with Latin. It is not that I am not fond of the damn rebels in the North Americas, just that something more European might sound better.

My 16 year old daughter says "Dad's playing baseball again!" My wife simply tells everyone I'm playing with Spartacus...not sure this gives the right impression really! Does anyone know of any options?
Thanks
Guido
Quintus
AKA Guido Aston

[size=100:2nyk19du]The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it. [/size]
Thucydides (471 BC - 400 BC)
Quote:I am sure I read somewhere that there was a download to replace much of the games speech with Latin. It is not that I am not fond of the damn rebels in the North Americas, just that something more European might sound better.

My 16 year old daughter says "Dad's playing baseball again!" My wife simply tells everyone I'm playing with Spartacus...not sure this gives the right impression really! Does anyone know of any options?
Thanks
Guido

Closest thing I could find was the 'Music Addon' for Rome Total Realism Gold:

http://www.rometotalrealism.org/downloa ... usic-Addon

And the 'Optional Addons' for Rome Total Realism Platinum Edition 1.9Ç

http://www.rometotalrealism.org/downloa ... lat-addons

Im not sure if the Music Addon replaces the vocie files, but im pretty certain there is an optional addon for RTR Platinum that does. Just scroll through them.
Thanks Yuri _ I will investigate
Guido
Quintus
AKA Guido Aston

[size=100:2nyk19du]The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it. [/size]
Quote:Thanks Yuri _ I will investigate
Guido

Your welcome. And actually, I just looked at the Optional Addons and it doesnt have a voice file replacement. Maybe its incorporated into the Music Addon, seeing as its 130MB or so.

Also, you wouldnt know if theres anyway to use the music addon with RTR Platinum 1.9 is there (Question mark)
I am not sure which version is the latest, but the music addon only seems to replace the intro music with some latin for the cavelry chargem then some female singing over a dark pool. then it seems to revert to bog standard RTW music.
Is this the same for you guys?
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:I am not sure which version is the latest, but the music addon only seems to replace the intro music with some latin for the cavelry chargem then some female singing over a dark pool. then it seems to revert to bog standard RTW music.
Is this the same for you guys?

Well, what version do you have?

I have the RTR Platinum 1.9 or so, and apparently it doesnt come with the music addon (or they are incompatible) but I still get the latin cavalry charge and the woman singing with the credits. I do not believe that just that is 130mb, so you must also have the RTR Platinum version.

I would actually prefer the RTR Gold, but my installation CD for RTW is gold, and that already comes with RTW installed with the latest patches, and RTR gold only goes up to RTW 1.2, if you know what I mean .... lol

And again, what the hell has happened to RTR 7.0?
Please don't tell me its doing a 'Forgotten Hope' on me....
I'm not 100% sure, I thought it was the version 6 gold, but it was a while ago that I downloaded it. I downloaded the music addon, but it took a while before the opening credits changed....so I haven't the foggiest to tell the trueth...... :roll:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Hmmn. I feel we have done more to confuse our host than to enlighten him... lol
My speciality...... :oops: :roll:
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Oh well, I guess Spartacus wasn't such a bad guy after all and hey, millions of baseball fans can't be wrong...can they?
Guido
Quintus
AKA Guido Aston

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Players needed Rome Total War Warrior of Italia 7 3,271 11-24-2018, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Stug50
  Rome 2 Total Realism 3 released JaM 2 5,915 12-04-2016, 09:33 AM
Last Post: Timus
  Rome: Total War II rononmaximus 250 91,261 10-16-2016, 10:35 AM
Last Post: womble67