Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A nice day for me.
Probably most of you have worse days in your memory. But this has been a nasty one for me.

Student work´s in Xmas:
Watchman in a gears factory.

Yesterday of the tree ovens, all were going wrong. In my first round (walk?) of the day. Nothing serious at all. A guy came and tuned them.

Today, I had a fire near one oven, the ground was full of spoiled oil, and there were a lot of town gas pipes and two ovens at 1000º near, and, of course, I was alone. When I saw the firefighters trucks arriving, I realized that I didn´t open the doors. Have you ever overtaken a truck running in 100 meters?

Ten minutes later the paramedics asked me to check the oxygen level and heart beats. One firemen said to she:
-What will you do if his heartbeats are under 95?
-I was 96!

Again in my first ten minutes of the work.

I hope tomorrow doesn´t happen me nothing!

(maybe I will came with my hand and half sword. What will happen me the next day? Barbarians? Zombies? Lawyers?)

Tomorrow...something completely different!!!!
(I hope it will be a boring day, please...as every day here the last year...)

Now all is quiet, as if nothing happened. It makes you think all was a dream.

BTW:
Today my fencing club were filming a medieval fights short-film. It will be amazing (and our first one)!!!
We´ll put it on Youtube soon.

Hope you had a more quiet day and Xmas...
Sorry if this post is strange or a nonsense, I had to tell this to someone (8 hours shift, all happened the first hour. Still at work!)
-This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedevere. Explain again how
sheep´s bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes.
[Image: escudocopia.jpg]Iagoba Ferreira Benito, member of Cohors Prima Gallica
and current Medieval Martial Arts teacher of Comilitium Sacrae Ensis, fencing club.
Well, a nice glass of Madiera sounds in order, I'd say.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Sounds like an exciteing morning.....I'm at work too! Untill the 28th!
But don't want to see any fire's here, as we are on the biggest Nat Gas producer in the North sea.... Confusedhock: Hav a good glass of wine, and get some sympathy from the Girlfriend......that will make things better!! :wink: :wink:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Actually, two machine-cocoas. But they were hot enough... Smile And I had seven hours more of work.

The only thing ´cos I´m sad today (still at work. Shift change, I went out yesterday at 20:00 and I came today at 6:00) is because I forget to make a photo to myself in the fire truck. Ouch! Sad

At least the manager knows my name, and he was interested what I´m studying (Well, in the future I ´ll can work here, so it´s a point for me if he knows that I can handle emergecies so well).

And of course, knowing better myself. Knowing I can manage with such serious situations with cold blood, is good. :roll: Having so few heartbeats ten minutes after calling the firefighters surprised me. I had clear that after I showed them the fire and opened the door, that wasn´t my problem, and that I coundn´t do nothing more.

I end this work the 3rd. Also I´ll be working here in New Years Eve...

BTW: The main gas pipe is at least one feet wide, and the tap is over two feet! TTG that I was in the right moment the fire started...
and current Medieval Martial Arts teacher of Comilitium Sacrae Ensis, fencing club.
Well, if you are still in one piece to tell it, it is good enough! Confusedhock:

In the end, the Cohors cannot afford losing its last recruit... so soon Tongue lol: . It is really hard to conscript men in this Late Empire...

Have the nicest possible Christmas Big Grin

Your Tribune,

Aitor
It\'s all an accident, an accident of hands. Mine, others, all without mind, from one extreme to another, but neither works nor will ever.

Rolf Steiner
Don´t worry Aitor, I was off-duty, so the Army wouldn´t have to pay nothing to my heirs, and I wasn´t carrying any Army propierty at all. :lol:

If needed, I can conscript my brother/friends...if you pay the drinks!

Happy Xmas too!!

Seems that the "veleian" part of the cohors are coming to life after the solstice!!! :wink:
Aaaah, then everything is OK (sigh of relief Tongue )!

Well, not exactly Veleian (I'm an absentee Tribune, another sign of this troubled years 8)

Aitor
It\'s all an accident, an accident of hands. Mine, others, all without mind, from one extreme to another, but neither works nor will ever.

Rolf Steiner