Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Saturnalia
Happy Saturnalia to all from Legion Ireland - The Roman Military Society of Ireland. Don't forget your brothers washed up on the shores of this miserable Isle while you make merriment in your fine forts and cities, we have to do with basic rations and simple dwellings over here.

I hope Agricola gets the fleet to gather soon and brings fresh supplies of wine, I'm sick of drinking this black beer night and day :wink:
MARCVS VLPIVS NERVA (aka Martin McAree)

www.romanarmy.ie

Legion Ireland - Roman Military Society of Ireland
Legionis XX Valeria Victrix Cohors VIII

[email protected]

[email protected]
Happy Saturnalia to you all over there Nerva!
Don't drink too much of that black beer, it does strange things to your constitution.... :wink: :lol:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Happy Saturnalia! Smile Are you doing something about it, or...?
Valete,
Titvs Statilivs Castvs - Sander Van Daele
LEG XI CPF
COH VII RAET EQ (part of LEG XI CPF)

MA in History
We celebrated Saturnalia last Saturday night. I'll have a small party at home tonight. Would have loved to have got over to Chester to join the rest of the XXth on Thursday.
MARCVS VLPIVS NERVA (aka Martin McAree)

www.romanarmy.ie

Legion Ireland - Roman Military Society of Ireland
Legionis XX Valeria Victrix Cohors VIII

[email protected]

[email protected]
We've had Saturnalia today, the boys took a 'roman' packed lunch to school and greeted their teacher with Io Saturnalia (which I then had to explain)! OHs having an axe for Saturnalia gift and we all had a feast with one of the boys friends from school in the absence of Slaves I was rewarded with putting my feet up while listening to 2 7 yearolds and a 5 yearold wash up the wooden eating utensils. We then taught them a dice game, using Roses chocolates in place of Denarii and eating them all in one go...
ahh Io Saturnalia one and all!

Kind thoughts
Materfamillias
Deborah Glennie
Member of the Vicus [url:jwqvknmp]http://www.vicus.org.uk/[/url]

[Image: S5000909.jpg]
IO SATVRNALIA to everyone on RAT!!!

I will celebrate with my boyfriend on Thursday with Roman cooking as well.
io saturnalia indeed, though we will be celebrating it on yule, rebirth of the sun and all, and the heavens have changed some since the days of our ancestors. we will be cooking some roman cuisine, inspired from de re coquinaria, making sigillaria, exchanging gifts and such. ought to be a good time. we're entertaining friends as well so ive much to do

vale
-Jason

(GNAEVS PETRONIVS CANINVS, LEGIIAPF)

"ADIVTRIX PIA FIDELIS"
IO SATURNALIA

Martin we will certainly be thinking about you poor lost souls out in Hibernia Smile ) )

Maybe you can make it to our Minerva festival around March at the Shrine in Edgar's Field in Chester would be great to see you guys.

Will expect you to march with us in spirit on our torchlight parade through the city on Thursday night.

Regards,

Gary.
\\" I just need something good to die for, to make it beautiful to live.\\" Q.O.T.S.A

Gary Rodwell
aka Gaius Longius Deva Victrix Chester Garrison
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.romantoursuk.com">http://www.romantoursuk.com
Io Satvrnalia! Hey Martin, save some of that black beer for the other side of the pond, we need it :lol:

Alas, as the only Roman for miles around and being busy with last minute Christmas preparations, I'll have to celebrate it by myself Cry
Been making tabulae after work to round out my list. Maybe I'll make a Roman dish, or hoist a glass of sangria.
---AH Mervla, aka Joel Boynton
Legio XIIII, Gemina Martia Victrix
[Image: roman_religion_mithras.jpg]

GAIvSvS SATvRNALIA !!!

GAIvSvS DIES NATALIS SOL INVICTvS!!!

ET GAIvSvS NOVvS ANNvS 2761 AvC !!!

M.VIB.M.

V COH II
7 PAvLI
LEG X GEM
EX GER INF
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
sol invictus
sol indiges
dies natalis solis invicti
io saturnalia
-Jason

(GNAEVS PETRONIVS CANINVS, LEGIIAPF)

"ADIVTRIX PIA FIDELIS"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy Saturnalia Hasdrubal 3 1,624 12-29-2016, 01:44 PM