Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
thinking of finishing my greek kit
ok, thinking of finishing my Greek kit. got a manning imperial spear head and butt spike, unfinished aspis, deepeeka brass helmet (one with ear holes cut out), red linen tunic and bronze greaves.

what should i do about shoes, armour, and sword?
Tiberius Claudius Lupus

Chuck Russell
Keyser,WV, USA
[url:em57ti3w]http://home.armourarchive.org/members/flonzy/Roman/index.htm[/url]
Quote:what should i do about shoes, armour, and sword?

From La Wren's Nest, the cheapest I could find.

[Image: 388249af.jpg]

sandal u ended up custom

Remarks by Philip on the Athenian Leaders:
Philip said that the Athenians were like the bust of Hermes: all mouth and dick. 
Not all Greek soldiers wore armor, so your tunic will last you a while.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
I bought the Falcata like the one shown above from Kult of Athena and paid them to sharpen it. Then I made my own scabbard from wood and leather. As far as shoes. I think there are several options out there, but I commissioned a pair from "Armlann" based on the closed heel, open toed pair I saw in one of the Greek footwear threads on here that seemed accepted by most. I will see if I can find the thread. You could always go armorless for now or try to make a linothorax. I have decided I am going to make my own muscled cuirass, but am still building up the motivation and confidence to do it.

Here is the thread.
http://www.romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic. ... &start=120

Armlann should have my pair within a few weeks based on the shoes on page 7 of the thread. If you like that design, you could always ask him about the pair I am having him hand stitch for me. I would also gladly post pics once I receive them if your interested to see how the quality turns out.
"A wise man learns from his mistakes, but the truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others."
Chris Boatcallie

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roman wood finishing Titus Labienus 10 3,019 09-04-2013, 11:18 AM
Last Post: M. Demetrius
  Edge finishing for early Imperial Cavalry Tunics Cheyenne 16 4,263 11-07-2011, 06:14 AM
Last Post: Joze Noriker
  Thinking of leggings AuxArcher 35 8,529 03-17-2008, 07:02 AM
Last Post: Gaius Julius Caesar