Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgraded Albion Terminals
Many of us have Albion apron terminals, still available here for a buck or so a piece. Our centurio Edge Gibbons partially tinned mine, and then I perked them up using the pattern from a Vindonissa find. I used a center punch from a hardware store, and it took me about 3.5 hours to do six of them w/o any prior experience. Below is a pic featuring an original piece from Albion, a Vindonissa pattern, and the result of my unskilled labor.
M. CVRIVS ALEXANDER
(Alexander Kyrychenko)
LEG XI CPF

quando omni flunkus, mortati
Those look very good! Too bad that I'm located across the pond. I'd pay more on bank fees than the actual product Sad

Vale,
Jef
Jef Pinceel
a.k.a.
Marcvs Mvmmivs Falco

LEG XI CPF vzw
>Q SER FEST
www.LEGIOXI.be
Quote:Those look very good! Too bad that I'm located across the pond. I'd pay more on bank fees than the actual product Sad

Vale,
Jef
Jef, I used a credit card when I bought some last year. No bank fees. Check with Mike there, his email address is in a link at the top of the page.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
I have a set of those and thought they were rather generic. You've made them look much better!
C. Apollonius Priscus/Alan Homola
Well done Alex! I have an original pendant of that type and it too has hand-punched curls, etc. I do mine that way and it really makes a big difference to how cool and authentic the pendants look :wink:
See FABRICA ROMANORVM Recreations in the Marketplace for custom helmets, armour, swords and more!
They look great, Brother.

Now I gotta convince you to do my four... :lol: :lol:

Edge
Gaius Aurelius Calvus
(Edge Gibbons)

Rules for Posting

LEG XI CPF
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.11thlegion.com">http://www.11thlegion.com

"Mens est clavis victoriae."
Nice work, Alex. The difference is amazing.
Andy Booker

Gaivs Antonivs Satvrninvs

Andronikos of Athens
Excellent job! I was going to buy some of those terminals...but even though they're on for 5/$10 or something, it was going to cost $20 to ship lol.

Legion: TBD

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Belt Apron Terminals - Construction Advice. Titus Marius Secundus 2 1,283 10-21-2013, 09:31 AM
Last Post: Titus Marius Secundus
  I Upgraded my Pila Neuraleanus 12 3,216 09-14-2012, 03:01 AM
Last Post: Neuraleanus
  Bone Apron Terminals Primvs Pavlvs 2 1,249 09-02-2010, 11:04 AM
Last Post: Crispvs