Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anglo Saxon Coins - Roman and Historical Coins????????
http://www.anglosaxoncoins.net/

I'm curious to what you think. I find it a bit suspicious that all coins seem to be at an almost exact stage of wear. These almost look purposefully aged to me, but this isn't my area just curious.
Derek D. Estabrook
Let's say that if anyone could get a real Corinthian in the state as the one shown on that site for GBP 4275, it would've sold in seconds...
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Thats what I figured. Han and Warring States period Chinese swords for less than high quality modern work. I know people do not value Chinese history properly, but thats a ridiculous price for something that belongs in a museum if true. :wink: I'm not stupid, just curious on opinion. Well not too stupid anyway. I'm smart enough to use a drool cup.
Derek D. Estabrook
I certainly wasn't trying to suggest you're stupid David, but yeah, those prices are suspiciously low. Maybe they found an as yet undiscovered storage full of the real stuff and they're flooding the market. Big Grin
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
No offense was taken and I never read it that way. I just felt like making a joke and didn't mean to cause confusion even though after being on the East Coast, USA for a while I find it both puzzling :wink: and refreshing to see good manners. Apologizing? Which finger do you extend for that? Maybe I should just go to sleep.
Derek D. Estabrook
Quote:Let's say that if anyone could get a real Corinthian in the state as the one shown on that site for GBP 4275, it would've sold in seconds...

Especially when I was offered a black market one for several million Euros in Greece.....I think he was taking the piss tho'! I declined his offer, needless to say!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Good lord man. I'm more curious on why he would think you have several million euros. Want to buy some land in Florida? :wink: Its seems I'm incapable of a serious post lately. I think somethings broken in my head. Big Grin
Derek D. Estabrook

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Digger driver wins share of 3,339 Roman coins he found Marcus F. 0 1,277 01-31-2016, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Marcus F.
  Mounting Roman Coins... Magnus 16 4,460 12-07-2007, 01:13 AM
Last Post: Magnus
  Help with coins Marcus Mummius 8 1,713 10-23-2006, 06:26 AM
Last Post: Gaius Germanicus