Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roman ancestors?
Quote:
MARCvSVIBIvSMAvRINvS:2l0o2q5z Wrote:The question remains... How can we or anyonme for that patter find out what genetical lineage we have... ?

I'm sure I read that the "ginger" gene can be traced back to certain areas/periods but can't remember which :? When I'm not busy dying my hair an assortment of colours it is naturally a bit reddish.

All I know is that I'm a complete mongrel Big Grin

Welcome to the club......we're rather special, don't you know..... :lol: :lol: :lol: Tongue wink:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Henk wrote:-
Quote:The question remains... How can we or anyonme for that patter find out what genetical lineage we have... ?

since in my views only in very remote and secluded areas geneticists have found proof of a continuation more than a few thousand years old...

...actually you can, to a degree at least, as I mentioned in my first post.

Professor Bryan Sykes , a world authority on human DNA examined the famous "Ice Man" in 1994 and was able to trace some of his descendants living in England!
He went on to establish that virtually all modern Europeans are descended from just seven ice age women - all of us are descended from one or other of these. He wrote a book called "The Seven Daughters of Eve"......
How it is possible, is that Mytochondrial DNA passes intact from mother to daughter....so your mother's DNA can be tracked through her mother and so on...
Now, there are many on-line labs who will, fairly inexpensively, and from a swab inside your cheek, tell you all about your remote matriarchal ancestors....and there is now a similar test fror patri-linear ancestors too....
"dulce et decorum est pro patria mori " - Horace
(It is a sweet and proper thing to die for ones country)

"No son-of-a-bitch ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country" - George C Scott as General George S. Patton
Paul McDonnell-Staff
Quote:
Libitina:qlmyc0tv Wrote:
MARCvSVIBIvSMAvRINvS:qlmyc0tv Wrote:The question remains... How can we or anyonme for that patter find out what genetical lineage we have... ?

I'm sure I read that the "ginger" gene can be traced back to certain areas/periods but can't remember which :? When I'm not busy dying my hair an assortment of colours it is naturally a bit reddish.

All I know is that I'm a complete mongrel Big Grin

Welcome to the club......we're rather special, don't you know..... :lol: :lol: :lol: Tongue wink:

Darn right :wink:

Just been reading up on the net and expect it's all from my Scottish/Irish ancestors. Which possibly means native Britons.. which possibly means I had ancestors who were a bit peeved at the Romans :lol:

Don't think I'll be forking out for a test though, much more fun guessing. Now you Roman descendants... ger orffa moi laaand!
Kat x

~We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~
We sorted Boudicca out..... we'll sort you out too.......

:lol: :lol: :lol:

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
Quote:We sorted Boudicca out..... we'll sort you out too.......

:lol: :lol: :lol:

M.VIB.M.

Boudicca overlooked a redheads best weapon, causing temporary blindness by the glare off our skin. If I'd been in charge the history books would have been a very different story :wink: :lol:
Kat x

~We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~
Hell yeah!!!

LOL

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.