Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cranford on BBC1
And here's the book online:
http://www.cleavebooks.co.uk/grol/gaskell/cran00.htm
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
That was a fine episode. I guess it's the last one though. Sad Am I the only one though that felt like there were a few lose ends that didn't get tied up? Room for another series perhaps? Or are the out of source material. I think I read that the series was sort of a combination/adaptation of all three books written about Cranford.
-Christy Beall
Quote:I think I read that the series was sort of a combination/adaptation of all three books written about Cranford.
The opening titles say it's based on three of her books, but hopefully we're only up to a third of the way through them :wink: As we've seen, anything can happen to anyone at any time (the beauty of it being loosely based on real people and events) so what might seem rounded off might be due another tragedy? Or, they might turn their attention more to the other books. Fingers crossed.

Here's an article by Heidi Thomas, the writer:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... ge_id=1773
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Anyone watching Fanny Hill? Thats seems pretty interesting..... :roll:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:Anyone watching Fanny Hill? Thats seems pretty interesting..... :roll:
'Fanny Hill' compared to 'Cranford' is like comparing 'Benny Hill' to ''Macbeth'. :wink:
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Quote:Anyone watching Fanny Hill? Thats seems pretty interesting..... :roll:
'Fanny Hill' compared to 'Cranford' is like 'Benny Hill' compared to ''Macbeth'. :wink:
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Yeah, I was hopeing to get that line in somewhere..... :roll:
Still, more interesting, if not as upper crust!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Tarby,
You are absolutely right - a great final episode.
It made me want to rush out and found a village primary school for urchins on ASBOs in order to make silk purses out of pigs' ears.

I note that on the Terry Wogan Show on BBC Radio 2, they are comparing the series to Midsomer Murders, describing Miss Mattie as the 'poisoner of Cranford' and looking forward to Judge John Deed appearing in a sexier sequal with Miss Pole.
Lochinvar/Ewan Carmichael