Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hahahaha, look what I bought!
I couldn't help myself. I LOVE dinosaurs, and this skeleton was on from $50, to $25. And it's 3 feet long, and about 18 inches high! Bought it from Toys-R-Us...lol.

But I'm very pleased with my purchase lol. Always wanted a good sized T-rex skeleton. :lol:

Legion: TBD
Cool Big Grin

How about worrying the neighbours by making a huge shadow with a flashlight on a wall somewhere?
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Hahaha, nevermind. I found a company selling full size T-Rex skeletons (cast ones) for about $125,000 USD. I'd have bought one...but ya know...was a bit short on the payments. lol

Hey that looks great...but what is that funny thing on the table behind it? :wink:

Have you been to the Tyrrell museum in Drum?
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Ahhh, it's a model you bought, Matt! I was a little bit worried seeing you so anorexic in your avatar...

Vale,
TITVS/Daniele Sabatini

... Tu modo nascenti puero, quo ferrea primum
desinet ac toto surget Gens Aurea mundo,
casta faue Lucina; tuus iam regnat Apollo ...

Vergilius, Bucolicae, ecloga IV, 4-10
[Image: PRIMANI_ban2.gif]
Nice! I like it but wished you wouldn't have posted the pics Big Grin , I'm thinking I now need to hit a Toy R US and search for that skeletal reptile.
Renius/Greg German
Legio VI FFC
Very cool. I want one, too. :!:
Andy Booker

Gaivs Antonivs Satvrninvs

Andronikos of Athens
Those things are so much fun at rave parties. Just hold a Cyalume lightstick under one and run around hissing at people and see how they react!
---AH Mervla, aka Joel Boynton
Legio XIIII, Gemina Martia Victrix
very nice replica!
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Love the way it stands proudly in front of the Lightsaber, the Samurai Photo and the maki-e scroll!!!!

M.VIB.M.

talking about life size stuff there is a videostore near Rotterdam which has the full size ALIEN queen!!!!!!! in the shop itself!!! AWESOME!!
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
AAAAAhh- I was wondering just where your new avatar came from Matt LOL I love dinosaurs too- wanted to be a paleontologist since I was 2... settled for just reading everything I can ever find and watching Jurassic Park like 20 times Wink

I haven't gotten to the point of doing a T. rex yet, but I did make a replica Deinonychus antirrhopus foot some years ago Big Grin

[Image: PDR_0031.jpg]
See FABRICA ROMANORVM Recreations in the Marketplace for custom helmets, armour, swords and more!
you MADE that?!?!?!?!?!

Dude, that is bloody awesome!!! How!?!?!?

I never understood why Velociraptor gets all the media play, but Deinonychus didn't...

Quote:Hey that looks great...but what is that funny thing on the table behind it? :wink:

Yeah, as Marcvs pointed out that's my Force FX Anakin Lightsaber Smile

Haven't been to that Museum...I've only been to the Royal Ontario Museum in Toronto, though I'd like to get to the one in Ottawa, I've heard it's really good (the natural history one).

Quote:you MADE that?!?!?!?!?!

Dude, that is bloody awesome!!! How!?!?!?

I never understood why Velociraptor gets all the media play, but Deinonychus didn't...

Yup- it's just air-dry clay, sculpted using good diagrams of the original fossils. I discovered when wrapped around a wooden core, air dry clay will actually crack nicely (since it contracts a fair bit when it dries) making it look even more like real fossil bone :wink:

It's only because of Jurassic Park- although the thing I never got was that I'm only aware of one species of Velociraptor- mongoliensis being known when the book was written, and it was the size of a turkey- not exactly a frightening beastie :lol: The animal Crichton used and appeared in the movies was rather more like a Deinonychus, although still a bit taller since D. antirrhopus was only about 4' tall...

The Royal Tryell Museum is pretty amazing- I mean you can read all day long how big the Tyrannosaurus was, but MAN- they have it in the middle of the gallery so you can walk all around and it's BIG... HUGE... Confusedhock:
See FABRICA ROMANORVM Recreations in the Marketplace for custom helmets, armour, swords and more!
Quote:
Gaius Julius Caesar:19wyrdlq Wrote:Hey that looks great...but what is that funny thing on the table behind it? :wink:

Yeah, as Marcvs pointed out that's my Force FX Anakin Lightsaber Smile

Haven't been to that Museum...I've only been to the Royal Ontario Museum in Toronto, though I'd like to get to the one in Ottawa, I've heard it's really good (the natural history one).

Trust me Matt, the one in Drum is worth the visit! And your in the hotbed of fossil country to boot! Big Grin The area was shunned buy the native canadians as an area of bad spirits, hence the name 'The Badlands'!

And nice work too, on your foot Matt!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bought this and messed around a bit. brennivs - tony drake 12 2,606 03-10-2008, 05:24 AM
Last Post: Wes
  Hahahaha! Peroni 13 2,943 02-07-2008, 09:48 AM
Last Post: vergilius
  Anyone bought this yet?? MARCvSVIBIvSMAvRINvS 3 1,058 12-04-2006, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Jeroen Pelgrom