Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your votes about Romanarmy.com/ RAT v3 needed!
Quote:Hi Paul,
Thanks for that. I'd say 'idle chit-chat' is an important part of forming a community, but otherwise, I'd agree. There's much to be done and much that can be done. However, whether we can make your dream come true depends more on the effort of all the members than on the board site admins and mods. We can only enable and attempt to coordinate.

While I'm new to RAT I have already observed what I consider to be the obvious: That the memberhsip is composed of individuals bonded by a common interest in the Roman Army pursued individually by academicians, reenactors, and the occasional hobbyist alike. To that end, I believe that the existing structure of RAT serves the purpose with perhaps some tweeking. It's the responsibility of each group to expand their respective areas of interest in the RAT. I don't think that you'd want to turn this into an purely scholarly research-oriented forum...look at the SAMH and others like it.

As for the "idle chit-chat", I find this refreshing in that it provides some insight into the membership, albeit some of it more relevant than other. and promotes closer ties amongst members. Petrinus' idea of additional links to relevant sites and educational opportunities (BA/MA workshops, classes, summer programs, digs, et. al.) has some merit and bears consideration.
Iosephus Augustus/
Joseph Augustus Clark

Messages In This Thread
RAT v3 - by Paullus Scipio - 12-02-2007, 12:40 AM
Future RAT - by Paullus Scipio - 12-02-2007, 09:01 PM
Re: - by Iosephus Augustus - 01-21-2009, 08:54 PM