• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marching Formations Video by LegioV
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUOk3PcQTJQ

A newer group composed mostly of College students who drill this old guy
(me)
half to death at events.

John Kaler
MSG, USA
Retired (But apparently misses marching and Formations and sleeping on ground in tent etc)
Member LegioV (Tennessee)
John Kaler MSG, USA Retired
Member Legio V (Tenn, USA)
Staff Member Ludus Militus https://www.facebook.com/groups/671041919589478/
Owner Vicus and Village: https://www.facebook.com/groups/361968853851510/
Awesome video. Thanks for the link.
I'm so looking forward to some drilling in the spring in our newly forming XIIII Legion in the NW of good ol' USA. You guys look to be off to an excellent start.
Renius/Greg German
Legio VI FFC
What color are you guys going for Renius? Just out of curiosity! :wink:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Gaius, sorry for my ignorance as I don't think I know what you you mean by what color? Our Tunics thus far are red as are our scutums. I'm a total newbie so I don't understand all of you experienced Roman Legionaries' terminology. Thanks for your interest in our group. Are you also in a XIIII group?
Renius/Greg German
Legio VI FFC
I should of looked at your signature, of course you're in th XIIII. DOH! Sorry.
Renius/Greg German
Legio VI FFC
Yes, Tunic colour was what I was refering to.... :wink:
We in the RMRS/Leg XIIII GMV are in blue tunics and scuta.

Our group is based in England, and I am in Alberta for a short visit.
If I was to return home for good some day, it would be nice to know there are people in this corner to link up with!! Smile

:lol: :lol: Just saw the second post when I made this one, no probs...I make far more embarassing omissions of observation... 8)
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Byron, when you get back to the NW you are more than welcome to link up with us.

As Greg said were just forming our group, but as it seems there are no other groups in the NW, were hoping to spark an interest here and add Wahsington/Oregon to the Roman reenacting community.

We have a great place to get started, put up displays, set up a camp and meet with the public. Ft. Stevens State Park in Oregon, is an old Coast Artillery fort on the Columbia River, built at the end of the Civil War and active until the end of WWII. It's now the most visited State Park in Oregon during the summer.

Maius/Bill
Marcus Petronius Maius
LEG XIIII GEMINA COH VI
Cool video, thanks for sharing it!
Ryan
Hopeful future Roman Reenactor.
Very interesting video!

Just a question about the testudo.

When we are in third line, we are instructed to put the lower edge of the scutum on the head of the second liner and under the upper edge of his scutum. This is done in order to prevent ennemy arrows or spears which could slip between the two scuti.

It seems you do the contrary, is it due to the weight of your shields ?

Anyway, good work ! you're numerous enough to have a lot of fun and your lines and centurio are very good looking and impressive.

Bye
Greg Reynaud (the ferret)
[Image: 955d308995.jpg] Britto-roman milites, 500 AD
Good stuff! Way to go! Tuum laudamus!

BTW, your videos on blacksmithing, are they available on CD or something similar? It's hard to keep connected (drat the dialup) and get a clear playing of them from your website.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Great video, guys. I enjoyed it very much, thanks.
Andy Booker

Gaivs Antonivs Satvrninvs

Andronikos of Athens