Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Western Canada (B.C.) ?
Still waiting on mine... 8)
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:Salve folks,
Wondering if there are any re-enactors here in British Columbia Canada? I moved here recently from the Midwest states, and now that I've sobered up and looked around me I cant help but think that I have dropped off square in the middle of modern-day gaul. I've already had to take the heads of a few bandits and poorly-fed black bears and all abouts are nothing but a few small communities of lowly discontented plebs. Surely, in a remote borderland like this, there is sure to be a legion encampment??

Also, does anyone own any blades made by Mark Marrow? Mainz gladius perchance?? worth their weight and balance?

Romanorum supremus totus!!

Greetings Caius,

There are three of us in Oregon and Washington just starting a Roman reenactment group. Next summer we will be setting up an encampment and display at Ft. Stevens State Park in Oregon and start recruiting.

It would be about a six hour drive from BC, but you're invited to join us. Once we get established we could come up to British Columbia and do some reenacting in your area.

I don't know what period your interested in, we're doing Legio XIIII, 60 AD Brition. Maybe we could we could bulid up a group that would cover Oregon, Washington and British Columbia. Smile

Maius/Bill
Marcus Petronius Maius
LEG XIIII GEMINA COH VI
I'd like to second every thing Maius/Bill saiid and also say that It would be nice to at least do some co/event type of thing if you guys start your own group in B.C. Even better would be if a larger Northwest group were to form.
Renius/Greg German
Legio VI FFC
Hey i'm all for it.
Although travel would be limited for me due to the distance, I might be able to swing it maybe once or twice a year. I'm still working on my first kit though (early first century AD auxiliary) but would be willing to do any time period as beggars can't be choosers this far out and it would be a treat just to meetup with ANYONE for re-enactment.

I have always thought that doing late republican would be a lot of fun too

Kevin,
That would be a real treat to see a real scorpion sometime and do some target practice. I have thought about constructing a ballista and have the means to do so, but just haven't taken the time as of yet.

If anyone wants to get in touch I can be reached though email at: bbraucher(a)pc-toolbox.com

cheers

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Legions in western Canada? Paullus 1 923 04-18-2006, 05:04 AM
Last Post: Marcianus