Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dogs of Pompeii
Two of my three favorite things, Just add an amporha of wine I would be completely content. These are the best impressions I have ever seen. Big Grin

http://www.flickr.com/photos/loplop/set ... 179728887/
William Summe

(Felix Agrippa)

Quando omni flunkus moritati

When all else fails, play dead
Doggies! They look so content and happy ... Big Grin
Sara T.
RAT Rules for Posting

Courage is found in unlikely places. [size=75:2xx5no0x] ~J.R.R Tolkien[/size]
That reminds me my grandpa´s village at Extremadura, 40 km NE of Mérida.
In summer, you wake up late, walk fast to another house, stay there as a guest, eat, return to your house, give thanks to God because your home is at 20º, (archane technology built houses:lol: ) and the street at 45º sleep the siesta, have the dinner, and go out to street when it´s night and only 25º then at 3-4 am (even the little kids! ) return to your home, and sleep until you can´t due to the hot.Repat again. In Saturdays, return to home at 12am. (Of the Sunday!)
There is no way of not getting mad there! :lol:

Also, the bronze gates of National Museum of Roman Art at Merida in summer are a good example of how metal at the sun can outmatch any friying pan! :lol:
-This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedevere. Explain again how
sheep´s bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes.
[Image: escudocopia.jpg]Iagoba Ferreira Benito, member of Cohors Prima Gallica
and current Medieval Martial Arts teacher of Comilitium Sacrae Ensis, fencing club.
Quote:That reminds me my grandpa´s village at Extremadura, 40 km NE of Mérida.
In summer, you wake up late, walk fast to another house, stay there as a guest, eat, return to your house, give thanks to God because your home is at 20º, (archane technology built houses Confusedhock: ) and the street at 45º sleep the siesta, have the dinner, and go out to street when it´s night and only 25º then at 3-4 am (even the little kids! ) return to your home, and sleep until you can´t due to the hot.Repat again. In Saturdays, return to home at 12am. (Of the Sunday!)
There is no way of not getting mad there! :lol:

Also, the bronze gates of National Museum of Roman Art at Merida in summer are a good example of how metal at the sun can outmatch any friying pan! :lol:
and current Medieval Martial Arts teacher of Comilitium Sacrae Ensis, fencing club.
didnt they put them there to ward off criminals trying to nick Roman stuff like parts of frescoes?????

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
How did I quote myself without realising? Confusedhock:

That must be something I had drink :lol:
Quote:Doggies! They look so content and happy ...
Er, well... the wild dogs of Italy (and the Mediterranean at large) do not seem so content and happy when they are awake, in my experience, being rather angry and aggressive, or tired and pathetic (in the sense of provoking pathos).
Dan Diffendale
Ph.D. candidate, University of Michigan
I had been to Rome this year in October for a week and did a day trip to Pompeii. But not only there did we see dogs but also at the excavation site of Ostia. There were two dogs at the cafeteria and I guess some visitors surely overlook the signs saying "don't feed the dogs" because these dogs looked well nourished. When not strolling between the tables and see if there was something edible to get they were lying lazy in the sun.