Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bunch of Turkeys!
Here's wishing all y'all a Bountiful and Happy Thanksgiving! .. no matter which side of the Pond or the Border you're from!

Cups lifted high for all that there is and all that there will be for which we are thankful!

And now for something completely different....

Q: What did the turkeys sing on Thanksgiving Day?
A: God save the kin.

The football team had just finished their daily practice session when a large turkey came strutting onto the field. While the players gazed in amazement, the turkey walked up to the head coach and demanded a tryout. Everyone stared in silence as the turkey kicked the ball towards goal, ran down field, headed it, juggled it, ran right through the defensive line and fired a shot that blew through the back of the net. When the turkey returned to the sidelines, the coach shouted, "You're terrific!!! Sign up for the season, and I'll see to it that you get a huge bonus." "Forget the bonus," the turkey said, "All I want to know is, does the season go past Thanksgiving Day?"

Q: Why did the turkey cross the road?
A: It was the chicken's day off.

Q; What goes "gobble, gobble, gobble.. ha-ha-ha.. thump, plop, roll"?
A: A turkey laughing its head off!

Three turkeys are stranded on a desert island. A redhead, a brunette and a blonde. They've been there for years, but now the coconuts were running out and the fishing has become very poor. Being able to see a larger island on the horizon they decide to swim for it. The redheaded turkey gets about 1/4th of the way and drowns. The brunette turkey gets about 1/3rd of the way and gets eaten by a shark. The blonde turkey gets halfway, realizes she's very very tired and swims back.

1: How many turkeys does it take to change a light bulb?
2: What a stupid question!

1: No, seriously, how many turkeys does it take to change a light bulb?
2: Jeez, I don't know, how many turkeys does it take to change a light bulb?

1: Four
2: Four?

1: Yes, four.
2: What do you mean "four"? Why does it take four and how do they do it?

1: That's if they're Irish turkeys
2: Irish turkeys? What's that got to do with it?

1: Isn't it obvious?
2: NO!

1: Ah, I see.... well, then there's no point in any further explanation. A joke doesn't work if you have to explain it
2: Hey now wait a minute. Is this like that joke that says "four Irishmen, one to hold onto the light bulb and three to drink so much that the room starts spinning?

1: Yes! so you Do understand!
2: You idiot! Turkeys don't drink alcoholic beverages!

1: They don't?
2: NO! They drink water.

1: Water? That's silly. That'll never get them drunk!

Q: What did the turkey say to the farmer who came after him with an axe?
A: Stuff it!

Q: Favorite turkey game?
A: French Revolution

Q: What's the happiest day in Goose history?
A: The day the English discovered the North American Turkey

Q: What sound does a turkey in orbit make?
A: Hubble, hubble, hubble

A man in Phoenix calls his son in New York the day before Thanksgiving and says,"I hate to ruin your day, but I have to tell you that your mother and I are divorcing; forty-five years of misery is enough.

"Pop, what are you talking about?" the son screams. We can't stand the sight of each other any longer," the father says. "We're sick of each other, and I'm sick of talking about this, so you call your sister in Chicago and tell her."

Frantic, the son calls his sister, who explodes on the phone. "Like heck they're getting divorced," she shouts, "I'll take care of this,"

She calls Phoenix immediately, and screams at her father, "You are NOT getting divorced. Don't do a single thing until I get there. I'm calling my brother back, and we'll both be there tomorrow. Until then, don't do a thing, DO YOU HEAR ME?" and hangs up.

The old man hangs up his phone and turns to his wife. "Okay," he says, "they're coming for Thanksgiving and paying their own way."

A lady was picking through the frozen turkeys at the grocery store, but couldn't find one big enough for her family. She asked the stock boy, "Do these turkeys get any bigger?" The stock boy answered, "No ma'am, they're dead."
Hibernicus

LEGIO IX HISPANA, USA

You cannot dig ditches in a toga!

[url:194jujcw]http://www.legio-ix-hispana.org[/url]
A nationwide club with chapters across N America
:lol: And indeed, a happy Thanksgiving for all those that celebrate the day or would like to do so.
This goes in OT though.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
:lol: :lol:
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
So happy thanks giving to you all over there too, not sure when we celebrate it in Canada, probably missed it too! :roll:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Enjoy the day :lol: :lol: :lol:

Best...
When was it? Yesterday? Hope you had a nice day. All our turkeys have the flu, so I'm considering maybe swan this year Big Grin
Kat x

~We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~
Quote:So happy thanks giving to you all over there too, not sure when we celebrate it in Canada, probably missed it too! :roll:

I think it was sometime in mid-October Byron!

Being American too I celebrate both the Canadian and US days. Happy Thanksgiving long weekend everyone!
Sara T.
RAT Rules for Posting

Courage is found in unlikely places. [size=75:2xx5no0x] ~J.R.R Tolkien[/size]
Heres what turkeys sing.

http://www.yahoo.americangreetings.com/ ... e=yahoo999
Derek D. Estabrook
Lobster fisherman from Maine got pulled over by a New Hampshire State
Trooper for speeding. The trooper started to lecture the lobster
fisherman about his speeding, and in general began to throw his weight
around to try to make the lobster fisherman feel uncomfortable.
Finally, the trooper got around to writing out the ticket. As he was
doing that, he kept swatting at some flies that were buzzing around his
head.

The lobster fisherman says, "Havin' some problem with them circle
flies?"

The trooper stopped writing the ticket and said, "Well yeah, if that's
what they're called. But I've never heard of circle flies."

"Well, sir," the lobster fisherman replies, "circle flies hang around
farms. They're called circle flies because they're almost always found
circling a round the back end of a horse."

The trooper says, "Oh," and goes back to writing the ticket. But, a
moment later he stops and asks, "Are you callin' me a horse's ass?"

"No, sir," the lobster fisherman replies, " Have too much respect for
law enforcement to call you a horse's ass."

"That's a good thing," the trooper says and goes back to writing the
ticket.

After a long pause, the lobster fisherman, in his best Maine drawl
says, "Hard to fool them flies though".
P. Clodius Secundus (Randi Richert), Legio III Cyrenaica
"Caesar\'s Conquerors"
Ah, Thanksgiving! I had a great one! The folks made pumkin and apple pie, sweet potato pudding, and roast turkey of course. Sent me home with half of it. Hope y'all had the same.
---AH Mervla, aka Joel Boynton
Legio XIIII, Gemina Martia Victrix
My sister, bless her, kills me every year with a chocolate pie... fresh, from scratch, handmade crust... real whipped cream... a HUGE cholesterol bomb!... I think she's trying to slowly do me in to get a larger share of any family inheritance.. but, I keep eating too much..voluntarily... and then I get to take home the remainder of the pie... borp!

My eldest son came in for the weekend so we cooked up a turkey at my place on Friday... But, it's off to see some US Marines on Saturday... One of our guys, Cunctatius, managed to invite 16 guys to his Mom's on Saturday for a home cooked feast... I'm bringing the bottle of Midleton's....

And then its off to bake bread at The Muzeo

The food never ends..

Hibernicus
Hibernicus

LEGIO IX HISPANA, USA

You cannot dig ditches in a toga!

[url:194jujcw]http://www.legio-ix-hispana.org[/url]
A nationwide club with chapters across N America

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bunch of reenactment groups Gaius Decius Aquilius 0 873 09-21-2006, 08:27 PM
Last Post: Gaius Decius Aquilius