Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The English really are something!!!!!
Hey mate, we do love our dykes! as long as they dont look like males wearing gardening trousers!!!!!!

And the guys down unda, well we all know where they came from dont we Wink

prison barges etcetera! however what I personally love about the Ozzies is that they can and will pick a fight, and afterwards enjoy a beer together, just like the English, and in a way the Dutch, however we smoke of course..... LoL

probably will get sum of the Dutch too now!

LoL

whenever I go to Australia be sure to show me the outback (no double entendre meant!!!!)

M.VIB.M.
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
Yeah, and when you go to the states I suppose you'll want to see the brokeback..er I mean the great out doors there too!! :twisted: :lol:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Hey, Henrijk ! If you think building a shed in Roman style is eccentric , I can go one better....
Quote:Thats like 10 years proyect, to convert my ordinary american-house into a graeco-italian one... but I like Reinassence touches too.
...my wife and I did exactly that! We built our house based on a Roman Villa, though with concessions to modernity such as a garage, windows,electricity etc....and the interior is pretty much modern ( though we do have tile and mosaic floors ).....but we do have an Atrium, Alae(wings), Fresco paintings etc.
The design works beautifully in an essentially sub-tropical Mediterranean climate - we have neither heating for winter ( the walls are solid, 8"/20cm thick), and we have space age NASA-designed insulation in the roof space, mainly to keep heat out, not in; nor do we have cooling for summer - the Atrium and general design, with water pools creates a passive cool micro-climate, even when external temperatures are in the 30's c./90's F. 8) 8) ( the house is sort of a cross between ultra-old and ultra new....doin' our bit for global warming! )
...Do you think my obsession with things Graeco-Roman has gone too far? :roll:
"dulce et decorum est pro patria mori " - Horace
(It is a sweet and proper thing to die for ones country)

"No son-of-a-bitch ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country" - George C Scott as General George S. Patton
Paul McDonnell-Staff
Quote:so Demetrius, what Roman thing would you like to build

Given a little better financial situation, which may happen soon, if I can land a particular job, or win the lottery--last week I got an email that said I'd won the European Lottery! All they wanted was my bank account number and they'd send the money right over! I replied and said, "Just PayPal the money to this email address", but I guess they didn't get that, because the PayPal account doesn't show it. Oh, well.

What I'd build first is a stage 1 villa, with kitchen, modern bath, 2 bedrooms, an enclosed garden area and a large meeting/craft/whatever room. Lots to do before that. I have some bigger plans, but money lack prevents them. I can still have the plans, though.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Henrjik wrote:-
Quote:whenever I go to Australia be sure to show me the outback (no double entendre meant!!!!)

...Wot? You mean the 'dunny' out the back? That's an Australian tradition that's died out....and they're a bit smelly too...can't understand why you'd want to see one of those! Sad

Oh! Wait a minute! You mean 'Back of Bourke', beyond 'the black stump' - the OUTBACK !

No wuckin' furries, mate ! Smile D lol:

"No son-of-a-bitch ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country" - George C Scott as General George S. Patton
Paul McDonnell-Staff
WOW! can you post some pics of our house my Oz friend????? very interested..! also in the murals!

and indeed, i meant the OUTBACK!! where crocs are still crocs, Dingos are still free, and where the TRUE owners of the land still roam fairly undisturbed!

and hey CAESAR............ hahahahahahahahahahahaha he who hasnt climbed mount Snowdon is not fit for any brokeback!!!!!

But no.... i rather go for the nice animals with the big teeth cutting down trees !!!!!!!!

(how to say something in a way only people of a certain age understand!
though these days you dont know for sure anymore anyway what with them youngsters getting out of hand more and more....)

LOL

M.VIB.M.

H.J.Vrielink.
Henrijk wrote
Quote:WOW! can you post some pics of our house my Oz friend????? very interested..! also in the murals!

.....I'll see what I can do over the next day or two.....

Quote:and indeed, i meant the OUTBACK!! where crocs are still crocs, Dingos are still free, and where the TRUE owners of the land still roam fairly undisturbed!

..you might be a little disappointed - the indigenous population tend to live in government supplied housing nowadays, drinking themselves to death on government handouts rather than wandering The Bush naked like their forebears...and I would too !! :lol: :lol:
Pure Dingos are now rare...most have cross-bred with 'feral' domestic dogs ( but then the original dingos were domestic dogs that came with the Aboriginal anyway)....BUT the Outback is still there,humungous, stretching a distance equivalent to London- to- Moscow.....and the crocs, well, they're still crocs and you don't sleep within'cooee' of a billabong ! Confusedhock:

Paul McDonnell-Staff
cool!!!

yah i heard the indegenous people are in shammers indeed... what i find so fascinating about Australia is that its one of the continents containing the most lethal animal species in the world......

from lill funnel spiders to the black widow to the giant croc and the lethal smallest box jellyfish....... yaikes, but interesting!

however i probably wont climb Ayers Rock out of respect.

M.VIB.M.

H.J.Vrielink.
Quote:however i probably wont climb Ayers Rock out of respect

...you are not allowed to without the permission of the indigenous traditional landowners, but they do run tours.......for a fee, of course :wink:

Paul McDonnell-Staff
Gotta love that nice "red figure" style bathroom.....Gioi....your work?

Paul McDonnell-Staff
... I'm afraid I agree with your wife, Gioi...I like the lighter bed-set too ! The dark brown one is a little too dark and overpowering...at least in the photo, thus losing much of the splendid detail...plus it is so 'strong', you'd need to put it in a large room.....but others will have a different view..... :wink:

Those other 'red figure' heroic nudes all seem to have rather big heads.... Smile D lol:

Paul McDonnell-Staff
I am hoping to either build the next house i purchase via a builder, or extensively modify an existing one if i get it for a good price. But either way, if one wanted to do a roman style, or japanese style where would you get all of the structural information for the contractors to follow?

Legion: TBD
Any one have the plans of Marius' villa? That would fit my bill, 2 birds with one stone... :wink:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Gioi, you do well to favor your wife's wishes over your own. Eph 5:25.
Paradise here, is where you make it. Some are happy as can be with almost nothing, others need accountants and bookkeepers and security guards to protect their ownings, and are miserable. Sounds like you've found the better arrangement, at least to me.

Nice park, too.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Indeed sad you cant got the property it looks mighty nice!!!!!!!

M.VIB.M.

H.J.Vrielink.