Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zeitgeist the Movie
Quote:and thats the last i want to hear about it....
That's very nice, but that's not for you to decide on this board. My reference was to the politics warning on the previous page of this thread. Whatever currently is going on in the UK affecting millions of people, it's very close to politics and where the limit lies is for the moderators and admins to decide, not for you to probe.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Of course you are right about that! but since zeitgeist is a highly political film it will be a very hazardous thread.... so....

maybe a lock?

oh no, i cannot VETO..... darn!!!!!!!

Wink

best wishes,

M.VIB.M.

BTW i stand corrected... it should be thats the last i want to read! about it hahahahahahahaha Wink

i owe you a CERVESIA again........
Bushido wa watashi no shuukyou de gozaru.

Katte Kabuto no O wo shimeyo!

H.J.Vrielink.
Hmmmmm, if you get the thread locked my friend, you owe us all a cervesia!! :evil: :lol:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
I KNOW!!!!! DUMB IDEA ANYWAY!!!!!

LOL

M.VIB.M.

H.J.Vrielink.
Henrjik wrote:
Quote:That is a Dutch company !!!!!!!!!!
.......only in the most 'technical' sense, you'll be pleased to hear. TNT(Thomas Nationwide Transport formerly) is an Australian company that went global...and then 'registered' itself in Holland to protect itself from civil judgements/damages. Most countries have legal arrangements where civil judgements can be enforced in other countries, but apparently not Holland, which acts as a 'safe haven' for corporate wrong-doers. The most notorious here is the James Hardie company, an Austraian multi-national construction material company, which 'moved' to Holland to limit its exposure to the tens of thousands of Asbestos victims. The company is notorious here for spinning out legal action for many years ( the victims quickly die) and it has become something of an election issue( we vote on Saturday) Sad (
"dulce et decorum est pro patria mori " - Horace
(It is a sweet and proper thing to die for ones country)

"No son-of-a-bitch ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country" - George C Scott as General George S. Patton
Paul McDonnell-Staff
didnt know that!! wow.......

M.VIB.M.

H.J.Vrielink.
Tarbicus wrote:
Quote:Well, another really worrying thing about the loss of the discs is not why were they lost, but why were 25,000,000 details being sent to the National Audit Office. Illegal under the Data Protection Act IIRC.

....another 'tip of the iceberg' worrying thing that indicates a 'ticking time bomb' for the government is the data of 15,000 people lost going to a private Life Insurance company! Why is a government supplying such confidential info for private commercial use? It is common knowledge that Local Councils sell their ratepayer data-bases to commercial concerns. Is the British government in that market too? As a certain satirical journal used to say, I think we should be told!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

"No son-of-a-bitch ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country" - George C Scott as General George S. Patton
Paul McDonnell-Staff
Quote:Holland, which acts as a 'safe haven' for corporate wrong-doers
Promise that's not why Ancient Warfare is located here! :wink:
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Ah! that magazine which appears mysteriousely on my doormat every odd month?

mmmmmmmm :lol: :lol: :lol:

cant wait for the new issue!!! HURRY PLEASE!

M.VIB.M.

H.J.Vrielink.
Well, when your unlisted phone number is supplied to all and sundry, you know someone is taking backhanders... :evil:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Byron wrote:
Quote:Hmmmmm, if you get the thread locked my friend, you owe us all a cervesia!!
...speaking of beer, maybe those Oz companies moved to Holland for the Beer?
...Nah, impossible... no sane person with intact taste buds could prefer Dutch lager to the Nectar of the Gods we brew here in Godzone ( as in God's own country)
...But there's a thought, Jasper! Maybe you should move AW here ( even temporarily, of course...and on company funds, which can be a tax 'write-off' ! ) and you can escape that horrible European winter for an Oz summer, and compose your editorials on your laptop sitting on the beach, imbibing coldies of the World's best Lager,eating prawns, steak and satay fresh off the Barbie, and surrounded by laughing, bikini clad 'sheilas'.....

Paul McDonnell-Staff
so good he said it twice.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
and i am not even on a disc!1

LOL

M.VIB.M.

H.J.Vrielink.
There's an idea Paul. Hmmm. I wonder how to convince the boss to provide the budget for that!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Easy...like I said, you can tell him it's all expenses and a tax write-off, and you can bring Christy too, in case there are computer problems....essential maintenance, and all that......and we will keep her entertained while you work so hard at the beach....the wineries, world-class restaurants, exotic creatures ( the cuddly ones like koalas and kangaroos, and maybe her namesake crocs,not the 'nasties'), the theatre...and of course some "eye-candy" in the form of those bronzed Aussie surfer Gods, not to mention jackaroos to remind her of cowboys back home....... :wink: :wink: Smile D

Paul McDonnell-Staff