Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
choosing equipment
Deepeeka are pretty well accepted throughout the reenacting community, especially the N labeled gear! Albion are more for collecting, or for a display of cutting ability, as was mentioned, and are expensive to boot.
Something you can look at when you are older :wink:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:I found a local reenactments store, and I need help chossing a gladius. I know that I want a battle ready one, is this one accurate?[/img]

Technically this is far closer to a real Roman sword than those that are carbon or tool steel because the Romans didn't have that- their steel was barely steel, and really plain old mild steel, which this sword is, is closest to what they used. The blade is fairly good- the point isn't quite right, but it's not a fatal flaw- and the scabbard isn't really good, but then others are worse, and in truth no commercial piece is without flaws. It's all about balancing what you can accept with what you can pay...
See FABRICA ROMANORVM Recreations in the Marketplace for custom helmets, armour, swords and more!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Choosing a new Scutum Emblem/Scheme (Controversial!) Magnus 38 8,630 02-23-2008, 06:29 PM
Last Post: M. Demetrius
  Help with choosing gladius L C Cinna 8 2,671 07-23-2005, 04:45 PM
Last Post: Lucius Cornelius Traianus