Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gonna be a Dull Christmas... In Sydney OZ
Sydney bans [size=150:1piuwymc]HO-HO-HO[/size]

What's next?
- Slimmed down Santas??
- Mrs Claus .. I mean Ms Claus on a vegan diet?
- SIX reindeer 'cause 8 are too polluting?
- no more displays of RED and GREEN lights?

Hibernicus
Hibernicus

LEGIO IX HISPANA, USA

You cannot dig ditches in a toga!

[url:194jujcw]http://www.legio-ix-hispana.org[/url]
A nationwide club with chapters across N America
It's only a single recruitment company, Westaff, who provide Santas. Even official organisations have said it's ridiculous. Not so much a case of official PC extremes, but probably more to do with whacko HR departments with little better to do than justify their existence.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/s ... om=mostpop

Quote:Two Santa hopefuls reportedly quit the course because of the hullabaloo of the ho, ho, ho.

One would-be Santa has told The Daily Telegraph he was taught not to use "ho, ho, ho" because it was too close to the American slang for prostitute. He also quit.

"Gimme a break," Julie Gale, who runs the campaign against sexualising children called Kids Free 2B Kids, said.

"We are talking about little kids who do not understand that "ho, ho, ho" has any other connotation and nor should they.

"Leave Santa alone."

Australian Childhood Foundation chief executive officer Dr Joe Tucci said it was the latest example of political correctness gone mad.
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Confusedhock: No words.
-This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedevere. Explain again how
sheep´s bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes.
[Image: escudocopia.jpg]Iagoba Ferreira Benito, member of Cohors Prima Gallica
and current Medieval Martial Arts teacher of Comilitium Sacrae Ensis, fencing club.
Very similar to the yearly huffing and puffing over here of the extreme PC crowd who argue that Sinterklaas (Santa - the original) can't have Black Peters anymore because conceivably kids might think that someone dressed in a garish, fake 16th century costume with badly applied pitch black make-up is a representation of our colored countrymen.
:roll: :roll:
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
In spain still we have the Tree Wise Men (well, here we call them "los tres reyes magos", wich is better: "the three magician kings" they are kings, rich, and magicians, wich means more presents!Big Grin Who is Santa?), and Balthasar, is the "black" one:

[Image: 346355923_71abc7060d.jpg]
-This new learning amazes me, Sir Bedevere. Explain again how
sheep´s bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes.
[Image: escudocopia.jpg]Iagoba Ferreira Benito, member of Cohors Prima Gallica
and current Medieval Martial Arts teacher of Comilitium Sacrae Ensis, fencing club.
The next lawsuit will befrom gardeners everywhere...Hoe, Hoe,Hoe....sheesh, how far are we going to have to stoop for "Political Correctness"?

I am all for not insulting anyone, I get called plenty of names at work and frequently get told to do things to myself that are anatomicaly impossible! But inside I still know who I am and what I stand for/believe in. I think some of these people need to get a thicker skin, just ask my wife how they have to cuddle up to the High School students these days for fear of hurting their feelings or damaging their poor wittle self esteems.
Titvs Calidivs Agricola
Wes Olson

Twas a woman that drove me to drink, and I never thanked her. W.C. Fields
I'm sure there are those of you who will enjoy this blog. I know I did :wink:
http://nannyknowsbest.blogspot.com/
TARBICvS/Jim Bowers
A A A DESEDO DESEDO!
Un-PC Disney....

High Hos, High Hos
It's of to work we go
To walk the streets
and stain the sheets...
......well, you know the rest...

And an actor in "black face"? Oh, that'd play well in the States!
What are they going to do next ? Have a Negroid African play the part of Otello?.. the Caucasoid Moor.. and me of Black Irish decent. What does it all mean!!!
Hibernicus

LEGIO IX HISPANA, USA

You cannot dig ditches in a toga!

[url:194jujcw]http://www.legio-ix-hispana.org[/url]
A nationwide club with chapters across N America
Quote:Very similar to the yearly huffing and puffing over here of the extreme PC crowd who argue that Sinterklaas (Santa - the original) can't have Black Peters anymore because conceivably kids might think that someone dressed in a garish, fake 16th century costume with badly applied pitch black make-up is a representation of our colored countrymen.
:roll: :roll:

I had forgotten all about 'Black Peter'...... Tongue D
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
I thought they would ban Santa because he bounced small children on his knees.. :?
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
He only bounces them after they pee...its a kind f reflex or defense mechanism! :lol:
Titvs Calidivs Agricola
Wes Olson

Twas a woman that drove me to drink, and I never thanked her. W.C. Fields
A shopping centre/mall I used to work in (Bluewater - Kent, UK) was in the papers the other week for requesting "slim santas" as it was a better influence. :roll: I'll certainly be boycotting seeing Father Christmas there! Big Grin
Kat x

~We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/kent/7080545.stm

A boot camp for the poor fella!
Kat x

~We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~
It's another situation where folks in offices somewhere decide to rewrite tradition/history to suit their own modern perspectives. Not that "political revisionistic history" is new, but there used to be a certain sophisticated subtlety to it. Now they're more in your face about what they say you have to believe...and somehow that's in the interest of freedom of speech.

I wasn't afraid of Santa saying "ho ho ho" any more than I was afraid of the Jolly Green Giant saying the same thing. Gee whiz. They made a fuss over the prepuce on a buffalo nickel, too. Sorry folks, male bisons have those.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Quote:Un-PC Disney....

High Hos, High Hos
It's of to work we go
To walk the streets
and stain the sheets...
......well, you know the rest...

... I'm now emotionally scarred and can never watch Snow White in the same way again. :lol: :lol:
Sara T.
RAT Rules for Posting

Courage is found in unlikely places. [size=75:2xx5no0x] ~J.R.R Tolkien[/size]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gonna be a great Christmas! maius 21 4,180 11-19-2007, 09:07 AM
Last Post: Lochinvar
  "Troy" is gonna suck! Daniel S Peterson 55 10,317 11-20-2003, 08:23 PM
Last Post: Anonymous
  "Passion" is gonna suck too! Daniel S Peterson 9 2,316 08-25-2003, 07:39 AM
Last Post: Jeroen Pelgrom