http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7082795.stm
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]
Jyrki I am so sorry to hear this. Sad
"...quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

a.k.a. Paul M.
That is sad new Jerki...

Reading the report, I think me and this nut would have had issues, had we met...... :evil: :x
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Damn.. Cry
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Makes it hard to want to send the kids off to school.....and my wife teaches High School. What is going on with these kids?

Our prayers go to those in Finland....
Titvs Calidivs Agricola
Wes Olson

Twas a woman that drove me to drink, and I never thanked her. W.C. Fields
Cry yeah, i just saw it on the news.
Sara T.
RAT Rules for Posting

Courage is found in unlikely places. [size=75:2xx5no0x] ~J.R.R Tolkien[/size]
My heartfelt sympathies go out to The Finns. Sad Everyone speaks of gun control but what is needed is idiot control. It's a shame that he took eight innocent lives before finally hitting one of those "weak minds". He should have saved us all the sorrow. There are acres and acres of beautiful forrests there. Couldn't he have just wandered into a peaceful wooded glen and gone out with dignity?
P. Clodius Secundus (Randi Richert), Legio III Cyrenaica
"Caesar\'s Conquerors"
A big, sincere prayer to Finland.

WTF is it with these school shootings? Can't these people just duke it out with the folks on their hit list, take their lumps and deal with it?

I really don't understand it. It's not guns, else half the people in rural America would be dead, given the provenance of firearms here. They're just tools, when you come down to it.
---AH Mervla, aka Joel Boynton
Legio XIIII, Gemina Martia Victrix
Yeah that has been an argument I have tried to get across.....
a gun will lie there for years and will not kill anyone, until an idiot like this picks it up....
sensible people understand that it is a tool that needs to be treated with repect.

What worries me is that thereare people like this, and they seem to decide they are superior to others.....
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Globalization, Jyrki.

Valete,
TITVS/Daniele Sabatini

... Tu modo nascenti puero, quo ferrea primum
desinet ac toto surget Gens Aurea mundo,
casta faue Lucina; tuus iam regnat Apollo ...

Vergilius, Bucolicae, ecloga IV, 4-10
[Image: PRIMANI_ban2.gif]
Quote:A big, sincere prayer to Finland.

WTF is it with these school shootings? Can't these people just duke it out with the folks on their hit list, take their lumps and deal with it?

I really don't understand it. It's not guns, else half the people in rural America would be dead, given the provenance of firearms here. They're just tools, when you come down to it.

IMO, kids are just looking for a way to express the frustration they're feeling. They can do it now by acquiring firearms, or better yet, make explosives based on instructions from the 'net. So instead of duking it out as you say, they can take it to the next level. Of course, what they're doing doesn't make sense to any mature, normal person....so i guess you could say they're both immature and perhaps a bit pushed over the edge. That's why it's hard for us to fathom the "why" in these situations.

Legion: TBD
Sticks don't kill people, it's the people who swing sticks that kill people.
Rocks don't kill people, it's the people who throw rocks that kill people.
Spears don't kill people, it's the people who stab with spears that kill people.
Gladii don't kill people, it's the people who slash with them that kill people.
Guns don't kill people, it's the people who fire guns that kill people.
Phasers don't kill people, it's the people who use phasers that kill people.
Death Stars don't....

Some things never change.

Sad to see that insanity going to the students all over the world. Last Days, some of us would say, expect more of that. I was really sorry to hear that. My prayers for the families affected.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Well, I was a kid once too, and while some may say it was a while ago, it was not so long ago that I can neither relate to younger people, or remember what it was like to be young.
And yet, despite the problems I brought on myself, I never felt that I was superior to anyone, and knew that the final solution was exactly the opposite..... this guy figured he was appointed to rid the world of those who weren't , in his eyes, perfect.....
So I would disagree with you on that Matt, every generation feels it is harder done by than the next....just a fact of being young....too many societies have allowed to much freedom for youngsters and it is a backlash that no one accepts responsibility for.... frustration is a part of that, but this isn't either an acceptable, normal, or understandable , way of expressing your frustration.

What next...'Oh I murdered my family, but i was only expressing my frustration"....? There seems to be no restriction on freedom of expression for youngsters these days, so that is not really a valid argument....

The why needs to be looked at and found......not just fobbed off as youthful frustration......

Sorry to go off matt, but there is something very sinister going on, and it isn't just youthful frustration....... :oops: :x shock:
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
I just can't see what went wrong inside the shooters head. I was born on the same year and should know what drove him to such act but I can't find a reason. I think that if the shooter thought he was a superior being he should had tried the gun on himself first... Sad
Juuso Laasonen
Quote:I just can't see what went wrong inside the shooters head. I was born on the same year and should know what drove him to such act but I can't find a reason. I think that if the shooter thought he was a superior being he should had tried the gun on himself first... Sad

Exactly...if it bounced off...then maybe he was on the right track,but somehow....
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel