Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cohors equitata
Looks like he changed the entire head for a better detailed, less dwarfish version.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
My friend Gimli wants to know what's wrong with dwarves, Jasper. :lol:
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
I always fiqured you for liking bearded women, eh David. :wink: :wink:
Derek D. Estabrook
Stunties need their 'eads bashed in!

(am painting some Warhammer orcs now :wink: )
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Quote:I always fiqured you for liking bearded women, eh David.
So, they need love, too, don't they? :roll: Somebody's gotta step up to the plate and swing away.

And this is how a thread gets hijacked. Way to go, Jasper. Gee. Well, ok, I take some responsibility here, too... :wink: :oops:
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
No hijacking, here! 8)

Ok, these are the changes I made:

I replaced shield, spear and sword (Spatha for Gladius) with parts from the Andrea Roman Cavalry- weapons set. The sword scabbard was lacking the rings which I made from thin copper wire. A fitting balteus made from lead foil was added. Legs and sagum were extended by inserting brass rods and re-sculpting the gaps. By making the legs a bit longer the figure appears less dwarfish. The serrated hem of the over-tunic was straightened. The only change to the head was the beard that I sculpted. The rest is done by painting.

[Image: head2.jpg]

A new base was made from scratch.

I bought the model about 10 years ago and did all the conversion work on it. The partly undercoated figure disappeared then in a box were I found it a few weeks ago. Remembering all the work I had done on it so far I decided to paint the little fellow. The final result is actually quite surprising.

Andreas
Andreas Strassmeir
Hi Andreas,
Fooled me! Good job. We should all remember to photograph figures before we paint them if anything is changed about them. Big Grin
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Very nice work.
Derek D. Estabrook