Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tunic Colour?
Hi all,

Thank you for the great replys to my other question. Now has there been any light shed on the debate over the colour of the Roman tunic-I mean by a uniform red or has there been any revelations to other colours-my books do not even approach the topic.

sorry if this old ground or this topic exists elsewhereSmile
Ave caesar! Morituri te salutamus

Jim Morrissey
yes you are about to die! :lol: :lol: :lol:

if you use the search function and use boolean modifiers you only get 207 matches for 'tunic AND colour OR color'.

here are some recent discussions:

link from old RAT

link from old RAT
Caius Fabius Maior
Charles Foxtrot
moderator, Roman Army Talk
link to the rules for posting
[url:2zv11pbx]http://romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=22853[/url]
Hello Jim

Quote:Now has there been any light shed on the debate over the colour of the Roman tunic-I mean by a uniform red or has there been any revelations to other colours-my books do not even approach the topic.

Obviously then my books 'Roman Military Clothing vols 1-3', published by Osprey in their Men at Arms series are not in your collection!! :wink:

Graham.
"Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe.

"Every brush-stroke is torn from my body" The Rebel, Tony Hancock.

"..I sweated in that damn dirty armor....TWENTY YEARS!', Charlton Heston, The Warlord.
Graham's books are definately enough and more to get you started. The question has been a heated one, but I think most people just sort of groan now when it comes up. At least I do. Not again. No, not again!!! Big Grin
Derek D. Estabrook

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tunic colour Praefectusclassis 0 949 08-12-2005, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Praefectusclassis