Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Barbariantour II
members.kabsi.at/scarlett/Barbarientour/index.html

Barbarientour 2.0

Celts (Boii Pannonia), Teutons (Glesum Sippe) & Roman (legXIII)
Kamptal/Lower Austria (from Rosenburg to Steinegg / from Steinegg at the Schauenstein)

1./2.11.2007
Thanks Martin!

They would look also great as Late Roman re-enactors.. How are you involved?
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Quote:They would look also great as Late Roman re-enactors..

you are right Robert Big Grin

Quote:How are you involved?

this time unfortunately not Sad
I thought they were late Romans.......awsome locations, I love Austria, best skiing I have ever had. Looks like everyone is having fun!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:I thought they were late Romans.......

Byron, most of them are not even romans :mrgreen: :wink:

the group boii pannonia presented celts from 4th to 1st c. BC; the glesums presented teutons/vikings from 2nd to 10th c. AD (news: celts from 700 to 1st c. BC, and the final news: renatus work on a auxiliary presentation from 1st c. AD); the legXIII from the 1st c. AD
and geza make arthurian time in britain (he studied there and is not always in austria)

www.glesum-sippe.at
www.legxiii.at
www.freilichtmuseum-elsarn.at

members.kabsi.at/scarlett/Barbarientour/Bild28.html
in this photo you see from left to the right:

standing:

Thomas (Boii Pannonia, Celt); Heimo (Glesum-Sippe, Teuton); Gerhard (the Blacksmith from open-air museum in Elsarn, Teuton); Kurt (the blacksmith from legXIII, Roman); Dorina (Glesum-Sippe, Teuton); Renatus (Glesum-Sippe Chief, Teuton); Geza (Celticroman, 6. c AD);

sitting:

Annemarie (Boii Pannonia, Celt); Anita (Glesum-Sippe, Teuton); Stephan (Boii Pannonia, Celt)

Quote:Looks like everyone is having fun!

they had much fun, I heard Big Grin and good weather

Quote:I love Austria, best skiing I have ever had.

that makes me happy to hear Big Grin
You are right, :oops: :oops: guess I was so overtaken by good memories that I was only looking at the scenery, and the few bits of 'almost late roman kit', like gaters and the round shield.... :roll:

I was going to say what a great spined umbro on the shield but forgot to mention that...who made it? It looks a lot like the republican version of scuta that Jorge from Armillum offered, before his carpenter went AWOL...nice work anyway!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Quote:guess I was so overtaken by good memories that I was only looking at the scenery, and the few bits of 'almost late roman kit', like gaters and the round shield....

that would have probably also happened to me, Byron

Quote:I was going to say what a great spined umbro on the shield but forgot to mention that...who made it?

I believe this celtic shield (I think 4th/3rd century bc :? ) Stephan of boii pannonia. he is a carpenter. and i know he is announced in RAT as dain II.

but it is very shy :wink: therefore it did not introduce itself yet and nothing wrote yet :mrgreen: :twisted:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  photo of barbariantour 2007 Publius Aelius Lucius 15 3,448 04-30-2007, 10:28 AM
Last Post: Publius Aelius Lucius