Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Made me laugh
'cause in North America, renaissance fairs exist for one reason.

Okay, two reasons:

One - to sell 9USD turkey legs, and 8USD 12 ounce beers to morons.

Two - to give the average SCA member a group that they can look down on.

I present:

Where is the Renaissance in the Festival?
Adam MacDonald

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.legio-ix-hispana.org">www.legio-ix-hispana.org
But Adam, look at the market it's opened for leather pixie horn-hats, animal tails and chain maille bikinis! What could possibly be unhistoric about that?
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
I don't know a whole lot about Ren Fairs other than I saw a photo once and the girl had wings on.

Now feeling much more happy with my wench garb though so thank you! Big Grin
Kat x

~We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~
Quote: chain maille bikinis!

Ouch! Confusedhock:
Kat x

Some of them wear them, I swear it's true! I've actually seen them! :oops:
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Quote:Some of them wear them, I swear it's true! I've actually seen them! :oops:

Are we talking the men or the women? :lol:
Kat x

Well, it was the womens that caught my eye, though I haven't heard of any men wearing them. There was this Conan character, sorta, who was wearing only two rabbit skins and a leather string around his waist. My daughters were kind of impressed when the wind gusted suddenly.

Nuff said, eh?
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Quote:
M. Demetrius:18eazzk7 Wrote:Some of them wear them, I swear it's true! I've actually seen them! :oops:

Are we talking the men or the women? :lol:

Libitina: the answer is 'yes'.
Adam MacDonald

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.legio-ix-hispana.org">www.legio-ix-hispana.org
Quote:Well, it was the womens that caught my eye, though I haven't heard of any men wearing them. There was this Conan character, sorta, who was wearing only two rabbit skins and a leather string around his waist. My daughters were kind of impressed when the wind gusted suddenly.

Nuff said, eh?

Must.Remove.Mental.Image. Confusedhock:
Kat x

Mental Image Removal? Here, let me help. He looked like a quarterback or maybe what we used to call a "split end". Heh. and he evidently spent quite sufficient time in a tanning booth not to have a tan line. Hair a lot like Fabio...actually he looked a bit like Fabio. Does that help?
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
Quote:Mental Image Removal? Here, let me help. He looked like a quarterback or maybe what we used to call a "split end". Heh. and he evidently spent quite sufficient time in a tanning booth not to have a tan line. Hair a lot like Fabio...actually he looked a bit like Fabio. Does that help?

Hahaha! Fabio? Noooo nightmares here we come.... *must think of lucius vorenus, must think of lucius vorenus*

Blaming this thread if my dreams consist of Fabio wearing a mail bikini at a Ren Fair, g'night all!
Kat x

Ummm, yeah. What Kat said. About the image, not dreams of Vorenus or Fabio. Thanks a lot, David :lol: Although, if he was macho enough to wear a chain mail speedo, then perhaps no one would begrudge him Big Grin
---AH Mervla, aka Joel Boynton
Legio XIIII, Gemina Martia Victrix
Ouch! I thought this thread was about me untill I re-read it and realized it wasn't possible because my skin is pale white. Yup, no tanning bed glow here, but man, 2 rabbit skins is where its at when it comes to ancient or medieval wardrobe choices.
Renius/Greg German
Legio VI FFC
Quote:Ouch! I thought this thread was about me untill I re-read it and realized it wasn't possible because my skin is pale white. Yup, no tanning bed glow here, but man, 2 rabbit skins is where its at when it comes to ancient or medieval wardrobe choices.

I'm now awaiting a "Show here your roman soldier impression - After hours" thread in the Re-Enactment section :lol:
Kat x

You wish! :lol: :wink:
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sutton Hoo Helm Since Everyone Needs A Laugh Ironhand 11 2,821 12-13-2007, 07:39 PM
Last Post: Titvs Statilivs Castvs
  Check this out if you want to laugh! Virilis 2 1,150 10-02-2006, 06:12 AM
Last Post: Virilis