Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Retirement and Domain Transfer
Jenny, congratulations to your upcoming bundle of joy!
And thank you for creating RAT. Big Grin
Sara T.
RAT Rules for Posting

Courage is found in unlikely places. [size=75:2xx5no0x] ~J.R.R Tolkien[/size]
Congratulations, Jenny! Best wishes & prayers in your most important works in life. Pax vobiscvm / shalom!
AMDG
Wm. / *r
Congratulations on the baby and thank you for the forum and all the time and energy you spent for us.

All the best for you and your baby.

Di vos incolumes custodiant!
RESTITVTOR LIBERTATIS ET ROMANAE RELIGIONIS

DEDITICIVS MINERVAE ET MVSARVM

[Micha F.]
Dear Jenny,
thank you for starting this invaluable site - and all the best for your future!

Florian
Florian Himmler (not related!)
Oh, and for the future of your baby, too :wink:
Florian Himmler (not related!)
My God, I can't believe our 'baby' RomanArmyTalk is 20 years old!

I just thought I'd stop in and see how it's grown.  The internet looks very different from what it was, way back in 2001 when I conceived of a collective, online Roman army research group.

So proud of you all for creating, maintaining and growing this community over two decades!  There are few communities on the internet older than ours, I suspect.

Briefly, an update since my retirement from RAT:
- married a Canadian naval officer (Andrew) in 2007
- had a baby boy (Morgan) in 2008
- deployed to Afghanistan in 2009-2010
- second boy (Chris) in 2011
- retired from U.S. Army in 2016, Lt Colonel, 22 years' service
- surprise! baby girl (Grace) later in 2016
- living in Ottawa, Ontario

And I still have a metric TON of Roman books, and papers, and reenactment stuff that I'll have to start listing for sale, I suppose.

Let me hear your news!

~Jenny
Cheers,
Jenny
Founder, Roman Army Talk and RomanArmy.com

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
Hi Jenny!
It must be serendipity that you return to RAT just when we're having a debate about how to revive the forum under the onslaught of Social Media and other fun things (https://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/showth...?tid=31461). Welcome back!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Salve Jas! Sure, I'll have a look and chime in, if it may be helpful. An appearance from Di Manes, as it were, lol! :-)

How ARE you, btw? We must catch up on PM or something. One of these days I intend on getting back to Europe for a visit, I swear!
Cheers,
Jenny

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
It would just about be such an appearance. We'll have to make sure the floor is clean, in case people start to prostrate themselves. ;-)

I'm alright - just chainsmoking through deadlines, like a proper journalist. ;-) Catch-ups should probably kept to PM indeed. Flying across the Atlantic? I remember the concept I think!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Pfft, I'm such 'ancient history,' few folks may recognize me at all. :-)

It's only entertaining to fly when one has the pressurized yogurt cups. LOL! What fun we rascals had... and did Sander ever reappear? Still an old nagging wound, that.

I shall inspect your FB for evidence of a life well-lived! I do know I've seen your fabulous magazines in newstands since what, 2008? Well played! And did JAMS happen with Brill in the end?
Cheers,
Jenny

Never been able to reproduce that trick, despite plenty of flying since. Sander vD is off the map, as far as i know. JAMS never worked out - a French-run annual (though not always at that frequency) has appeared though. I have enough on my plate with AW and the other mags (and reach a much bigger audience, which is cool).
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
I'm sure you are busy! Luckily it's all a team effort. :-)
Cheers,
Jenny

Sorry for the intrusion, but I am happy to know about the site founders Smile
- CaesarAugustus
www.romanempire.cloud
(Marco Parente)