Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RAT / Romanarmy.com v3, ie Future RAT
Quote:I guess the following would apply to the forum in general no matter if a new or old version:

I noticed that if a new member overlooked the forum rule to have his/her real name in the signature he/she is asked to do so always in the thread. But this particular thread usually does not deal with forum rules but with a totally different topic. So the request of the moderator is just blowing up the thread unnecessarily and makes it harder to follow the actual topic of the thread. So would it not be better to contact the users in question by PM instead of posting it in a thread?

I usually do contact the members via PM, different mods have different styles.

On thing that you as a group also need to remember is that it takes mods time to look over each topic and read each post, I spend about 2-4 hours a day on here just reading and checking the posts. Most times I solve a problem or remove a post that blatantly violates the rules before it is seen by more than one or two people. Other times I send a PM to the poster or even lock a thread until we have a moderator conference.

Making dozens of small forums areas will make our job harder. I already can never get all of the topics read starting at the top or bottom of the main page before there are more posts. I shudder to think of the extra time we would have to spend if we have a topic area for Scythians, another for Dacians, another for Gauls, another for Celts another for Germanic, Persian, Carthaginian, Lybian, Spanish, Sicilian, Pirate, Egyptian, Macedonian Sucessor, Selucid successor, Spartans, Athenians, Thebens, .... and so on. I do recommend having a membership form that you actually are forced to read and agree to the rules before posting, and that you actually fill out, including a signature block, and a how to use the site, before you start asking questions that are easily answered by using the search function.
Caius Fabius Maior
Charles Foxtrot
moderator, Roman Army Talk
link to the rules for posting
[url:2zv11pbx]http://romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=22853[/url]

Messages In This Thread
collaborative workspaces - by richard - 10-31-2007, 09:26 AM
Future RAT - by Paullus Scipio - 10-31-2007, 08:53 PM
web conferencing - by richard - 11-01-2007, 01:07 AM
RAT 3 - by Paullus Scipio - 11-02-2007, 10:44 AM
Re: RAT / Romanarmy.com v3, ie Future RAT - by Caius Fabius - 11-03-2007, 05:54 PM
World Travel Guide - by Caius Fabius - 11-07-2007, 09:31 PM