Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RAT / Romanarmy.com v3, ie Future RAT
I think the Ancient Civ section is none too useful the way it is. It needs to be worked into the warfare sections I would suggest compartmentalizing based on time and/or geography.

For example there should be a complete coverage of Roman topics in seperate sections- military, civil/cultural, historiography, archeology, etc. This format could then be copied for each period of interest. I would imagine something like: Mesopotamia, Egypt, Greece, Hellenistic Kingdoms, Rome, Steppes, etc. Or by time: Neolithic, Bronze age, Etc., but then you probably still need geographical subheadings.

I don't know any well published historians or archeologists, but many on here are or know some who could be invited. What about a rotating "hot-seat" where we get someone to volenteer to be hit with questions for a week after a suitable introduction? I'm sure there are many I would like to grill once I know what they have written/ done.

Maybe you could work that into AW, something like "20 questions for Prof. X" if it goes well.

What about a section like a modern "Suda"?

Lastly someplace where people could share written articles the way we share pics.
Paul M. Bardunias
MODERATOR: [url:2dqwu8yc]http://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=4100[/url]
A Spartan, being asked a question, answered "No." And when the questioner said, "You lie," the Spartan said, "You see, then, that it is stupid of you to ask questions to which you already know the answer!"

Messages In This Thread
collaborative workspaces - by richard - 10-31-2007, 09:26 AM
Future RAT - by Paullus Scipio - 10-31-2007, 08:53 PM
web conferencing - by richard - 11-01-2007, 01:07 AM
RAT 3 - by Paullus Scipio - 11-02-2007, 10:44 AM
Re: RAT / Romanarmy.com v3, ie Future RAT - by PMBardunias - 11-02-2007, 10:02 PM
World Travel Guide - by Caius Fabius - 11-07-2007, 09:31 PM