Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That\'s why I love my hometown, Amsterdam
OK, there's a lot to be said against living in Amsterdam. We have our junkies, a lot illegal prostitution (leaving a judgment about legal prostitution to your own opinion), and right now ethnic unrest in one of the suburbs.

But here's the lighter side: I was to the barber today, and while he was cutting my hair, a man tried to enter the shop in a wheelchair. But the door was not wide enough. So one of the other barbers put on his coat, and started to cut the legless man's hair right on the sidewalk of a very crowded street... (No, that's not the barber, but just to show the street.)

It might have happened everywhere: in Austin, in Tehran, in Ankara. But these are the moments on which I really love my city. Smile
Jona Lendering
Relevance is the enemy of history
My website
I quite like Holland in general myself. The people are always pretty nice, the girls are friendly and pretty. I'm not too sure if I would like to drive there, and I love driving :lol: but it is a pretty cool place in general!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
You love your city because of the good heartedness of some of the people. Good for you! It's a great testimony to that barber, and no doubt there are many who would do similar things.

Natch in the US, some group would sue the barbershop, and force them to rebuild the door. I like your perspective better. I hate below the knee urinals, now federally mandated.
M. Demetrius Abicio
(David Wills)

Saepe veritas est dura.
That is a neat story Joana. Big Grin Good samartians are every where you juas have to know where to look.
William Summe

(Felix Agrippa)

Quando omni flunkus moritati

When all else fails, play dead