Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New ROMAN SWORD book due out!
Avete, Amici!

My trusted source has told me an absolutely definitive new book entitled The Roman Sword, by Dr. Christian Miks of the Archaeological Institute at Cologne, will be available by the end of October or early November at the latest.

This two-volume, 1,300-page set has been 10 years in the making and covers the development of the Roman sword from the late second century BC through the early fifth century AD. It has photographs of more than 1,000 blades, plus hundreds of images of handles and scabbard fittings of various types, including rings and embossed appliques.

The book will be published in German, with an English summary.

This will be the standard work on Roman swords for a generation, and a must for every serious reenactor's and/or Roman military history buff's bookshelf.

The price will be 140 euro. Start putting aside the cash today!

I'll be posting more information soon on where it can be obtained.

(Cross-posted to the References & Reviews forum.)
T. Flavius Crispus / David S. Michaels
Centurio Pilus Prior,
Legio VI VPF
CA, USA

"Oderint dum probent."
Tiberius
Wow that should be one heck of a reference guide! 140 is a little out of my price range, but perhaps a little saving is in order. Hopefully it does not have an extremely short printing production!
Markus Aurelius Montanvs
What we do in life Echoes in Eternity

Roman Artifacts
[Image: websitepic.jpg]
Whoa nelly, I definately want this book!!
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Rather than split discussion among two threads, I will lock this thread and post it as a sticky for 30 days. Please continue discussion over at References and Reviews.

Smile
Caius Fabius Maior
Charles Foxtrot
moderator, Roman Army Talk
link to the rules for posting
[url:2zv11pbx]http://romanarmy.com/rat/viewtopic.php?t=22853[/url]