Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Requiring minimum # of postings to post in Marketplace
A lot of websites have a requirement that members have at least 50 posts before being allowed to post in their For Sale/For Trade forums. While browsing the Marketplace, I saw a number of posts where the the poster's first and only post was to the marketplace.

Now posting 50 (or whatever number) of posts won't make a Seller more inherently honest or reliable but it it is an indicator that they have an interest in participating. That indication that they want to be part of Roman Army Talk long term, I think, is desireable in terms of doing business with someone who is not one of the featured merchants.
Angus Finnigan
Hi Angus,
Do you feel RAT would be better off if we limited access to the marketplace? How does everyone else feel about this?
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Hmmm.

I signed up because I could no longer see the market place posts as a guest. I didn't want to sell anything, but I was keeping an eye out for what I could puchase. Joining seems to be somewhat self-regulating to me. If there is a minimum post requirement, I fear that those "single posters" will just clutter up the fora until the minimun is met. If someone is a junk purveyor, word gets out here pretty quickly. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

I lurk, therefore I am.
Cheryl Boeckmann

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Questions about "cross postings" Folkert van Wijk 2 1,361 05-04-2009, 05:56 AM
Last Post: Praefectusclassis